• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Con 11/11....i.e. tomorrow! Who's goin'?

8 posts in this topic

Report? Ok, it kinda sucked.

Attendance seemed light. I didn't buy a thing.

Couple of the dealers were lamenting on how the real estate market is affecting their livelihoods (i.e, their real, day-time jobs). Overall, most of the dealers, and consequently, their material, seemed stale. I didn't go through any long boxes or ask to see more then a couple of wall books.

Mike & Steve were there (Mcmiles and King of Rulers), and their display was the best in the room (as usual), but I hadn't heard of any big sales for them in the brief time I was there. Hopefully, they did better afterwards.

Mike and I were also sharing stories about doing business on the boards, seems I've been having a little better luck recently then poor Mike. Hopefully, he gets the book he's been waiting on for over a month now soon.

Bummer. Lets see what they report & how this will carry over into the Daytona show next weekend. hm

Report? Ok, it kinda sucked.

Attendance seemed light. I didn't buy a thing.

Couple of the dealers were lamenting on how the real estate market is affecting their livelihoods (i.e, their real, day-time jobs). Overall, most of the dealers, and consequently, their material, seemed stale. I didn't go through any long boxes or ask to see more then a couple of wall books.

Mike & Steve were there (Mcmiles and King of Rulers), and their display was the best in the room (as usual), but I hadn't heard of any big sales for them in the brief time I was there. Hopefully, they did better afterwards.

Mike and I were also sharing stories about doing business on the boards, seems I've been having a little better luck recently then poor Mike. Hopefully, he gets the book he's been waiting on for over a month now soon.

I thought the show was good in terms of sales. The intention was to sell more $1 books, but instead the majority of sales came from the mid dollar Silver Age books. There was one SA key sold, which was a Strange Tales #110. There was a lot of interest in SA Marvel this time around. The show was fun as always. I think attendance was a little low this time. I think the holiday season really does slow things down. I think the busiest I've ever seen the show was the one that was right after Spider-man 3 came out. That was the peak. I hope the attendance numbers can get back up there for the next show in April. Unfortunately, next year the show might see a change in venue since the hotel wants to double the rate for the room.

I just bought an X-men #44 to add to my run, and did a trade to get an Iron Man #1.