• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Employee Submission/Buying/Selling Policy

51 posts in this topic

You know.....if you guys justified the type instead of running the body copy flush left / rag right, it would look a lot more professional.

I object to justified type. The letter spacing can get so whacked. And it makes the document look TOO legal!

You know.....if you guys justified the type instead of running the body copy flush left / rag right, it would look a lot more professional.

I object to justified type. The letter spacing can get so whacked. And it makes the document look TOO legal!

I defer to the ancient one. (worship)

I defer to the ancient one. (worship)

The ancient one is honored.

Mark,

Thanks a lot for that. (thumbs u

That also goes to Mr Eichenbaum, who has responded to concerns in the right way. I'm NOT going to dissect the policy, but am grateful to know that there IS a policy and that it is monitored at CCG level.

That the policy exists, and that Mr Eichenbaum took personal responsibility for communicating it, suggests that the issue is just as vitally important as certain boarders suspected it was. It never was about a $150 book, or a specific employee, or being 'ungrateful guests' around here...it was always about ensuring that CGC deal fair...and be seen to be dealing fair, an absolute must for their long-term health and the future prospects of the hobby.

And speaking as a guy with about $70,000 of paper locked in plastic, I've got a vested interest in that happening.

So this was an "extraordinary" exemption.

Nothing to see here move along.

We don't know that....do we?

doh!

I must have missed the part where it was stated that the employee was given approval to sell comics. (shrug)

The guidelines have been posted as well as the employee submission form. So, my point is that it is now an issue between the employee and the employer and no longer any of the "publics" business.

doh!

I must have missed the part where it was stated that the employee was given approval to sell comics. (shrug)

The guidelines have been posted as well as the employee submission form. So, my point is that it is now an issue between the employee and the employer and no longer any of the "publics" business.

Maxstuf posted:

I've seen no evidence of this....hence my response.

I am not trying to argue with you or anyone for that matter, but whether or not it was an extraordinary exemption isn't any of our business and quite frankly delves into aspects of an employee's private life that no one here as any right to examine.

doh!

I agree...whatever happens, or doesn't happen, to West is not relevant.

However, I think someone was suggesting this would be deemed an 'extraordinary exemption', in a tap-the-side-of-your-nose, don't-worry-we'll-go-through-the-motions sort of way. I personally think that it was anything but, and I suspect that it was taken extremely seriously by the parent company.

And that is good enough for me, and no longer any of my business. (thumbs u

I am not trying to argue with you or anyone for that matter, but whether or not it was an extraordinary exemption isn't any of our business and quite frankly delves into aspects of an employee's private life that no one here as any right to examine.

Fair enough

That the policy exists, and that Mr Eichenbaum took personal responsibility for communicating it, suggests that the issue is just as vitally important as certain boarders suspected it was. It never was about a $150 book, or a specific employee, or being 'ungrateful guests' around here...it was always about ensuring that CGC deal fair...and be seen to be dealing fair, an absolute must for their long-term health and the future prospects of the hobby.

And speaking as a guy with about $70,000 of paper locked in plastic, I've got a vested interest in that happening.

I also appreciate Mr. Eichenbaum's efforts. The fact that he had to spend that much time on the phone with Mr. Zaid was valiant in and of itself.

I also appreciate Mr. Eichenbaum's efforts. The fact that he had to spend that much time on the phone with Mr. Zaid was valiant in and of itself.

Well, it was either that or have to wade through your posts to get to the important stuff.

He took the easy way out. (thumbs u

Well, it was either that or have to wade through your posts to get to the important stuff.

He took the easy way out. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Where else would the important posts be?