• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Post Office

12 posts in this topic

Andy needed to use up all the stamps he lifted
:signfunny: I'm not confirming the sender, for fear of shaming them into not selling to me again.
Kudos also to thirdgreenham for a very nice photo cover western and a HG bronze age Adventure.

He works at a coin and stamp place :whatev:

:signfunny: I'm not confirming the sender, for fear of shaming them into not selling to me again.

It's okay, it's me. :acclaim:

I'm very happy to use up old stamps. In my business, they come to me fairly cheaply and to let them sit on a shelf is my worst option.

Man that is just tragic. While none of those stamps are valuable using uncirculated stamp is like writing on Action #1

While some people might think I'm :screwy: for putting so many old stamps on packages and using them up, it's the smartest thing that I could do. I'm making money by using these old stamps up. Sure, each one of those may list for 20 cents to 40 cents each, but I may only be able to sell 5 to 10 copies a year. What do I do with the other 200 copies, hold them?

The smartest thing the post office has ever done, was to convince the general public that saving mint stamps was smart. You see, when they sell a stamp, we are buying a service. We're paying the post office to take a package or envelope from point A to point B (once we stick the stamp on it). If we never use that stamp, they will never have to perform that service. So smart. (worship)

Anyway, I hope the comics arrived safely. :wishluck:

There should be a few more of those packages floating around out there.

Andy

Kudos also to thirdgreenham for a very nice photo cover western and a HG bronze age Adventure.

I didn't figure it would be a real mystery to anyone with too much time and any desire to know. :baiting: My girls thought the stamps were really cool Andy. I like the books, the girls like the stamps, we're all happy.

I didn't figure it would be a real mystery to anyone with too much time and any desire to know. :baiting: My girls thought the stamps were really cool Andy. I like the books, the girls like the stamps, we're all happy.

:applause::acclaim: (thumbs u