• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover/indicia mismatches

8 posts in this topic

Are books of this mature relegated to the "printing error" category? In other words, does "variant" always imply something done to part of a print run on purpose?

I ask because I've seen it pop up once or twice here, and I just picked up an Eerie #20 today that says #19 inside.

Call me curious... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You can consider error books variants as well, but I'm afraid bad proofreading of indicas really don't count. For the most part variants are printed are not accidents committed by the publishing company.

But that's just my opinion, I'm sure others feel differently. tonofbricks.gif

It's not listed as a variant in OPG.You need to check if the issue contents are from 19 or 20. someone may have married a cover of 20 to a coverless 19 or it could have been done at the printers. Most likely it is just badproofreading as has been suggested but who knows for sure unless you do a little footwork.

someone may have married a cover of 20 to a coverless 19 or it could have been done at the printers.

Was thinking about this angle as well..."Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this mismatched book and cover in the bonds of holy matrimony..."

It's not listed as a variant in OPG.You need to check if the issue contents are from 19 or 20. someone may have married a cover of 20 to a coverless 19 or it could have been done at the printers. Most likely it is just badproofreading as has been suggested but who knows for sure unless you do a little footwork.

My 20 says 19 on the inside as well.....maybe they all do?

Oh, it's definitely #20. Got the Fall of the House of Ushers story.

So there are both #19 and #20 indicia issues out there? What's the ratio from the ones you've seen?

Don't know, just have the one copy.

Me and ninanina aren't the only people in the world with a copy of Eerie #20. Everybody else go crack open yours, let's have an informal poll. Do any have correct indicia?

Be interesting if none did. The guide should note it.