• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone go to WW Texas today?

61 posts in this topic

Day 2 was awesome for me! :banana:

I picked up a FF 7.0 #8 and 7.5 #11, Both from Bedrock City's Table.

Also picked up #125, 126, 151, 152, 153, 154, 163, 168 from Wrightson_fan (Scott)

Thank you to all the following who made my first con in a LOOOONNNG time a very memorable & enjoyable one!

Dale Roberts - Had a whole stack of books for me, but unfortunately I erred when letting him know the specific grades I was looking for so it wasn't his fault! I'm going to make it to him in the near future . Had a great selection at his table and saw some awesome deals made!

Richard (MrBedrock) - Thanks SO much for the advice, and giving me great deals on some books I thought were out of reach . You have a nice family as well! Tarzan_Geek for showing so much enthusiasm! It was fun hanging out with someone who never stops smiling!

Scott (WrightsonFan) - Thanks for the deal on the AWESOME HG BA FF's!!!

Doctor_Watson - For the great conversations & keeping me on my toes with your wit. Definitely a pleasure to hang out with!

Don (Buffyfan) - First and foremost for making the arrangements for the Forum Dinner at Saviano's! Nice choice! Without you it wouldn't have been possible! Also for hanging out and wearing that BRIGHT orange shirt with absolutely NO shame (just kidding!)

Jeff (Stronguy) - For helping out with the coordination & providing directions for the Forum Dinner and for speaking "militaryese" Made me feel right at home!

Paul, Newt, and the rest of the CGC guys for the nice conversation and making my first ever submission a painless one (and not vandalizing the "Other Grading Company's" table) Hope I get a "nik bump" on my subs

bhooks for the great convo!

Thanks to the following Forumites who attended the dinner:

MrBedrock, Tarzan_Geek, Buffyfan, Weird_Paper, I_am_legion, krazy_kenny1, john72tex, Doctor_Watson, JamminIT, Stronguy, musicmeta, Ronbo

If I forgot anyone I apologize

Thomas

Today was great, but I came home really tired...

I picked up Giant-Size books on Friday, nothing yesterday, and today I picked up 3 slabbed Warren Vampirella's and a SA Justice League of America #2!

Had great fun with Jeff and Lon most of the time, tossed a few low grade earlier Flash books to Lon and spent a lot of time getting sketches.

Check them all out here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2024091&page=0#Post2024091

The JLA #2 was my only "goal" for Wizard this year and even though it is a low grader the price was definitely right for it and I'm sure I'll have a hard time beating price versus grade on this book.

Now I need a #3 :shy: Anyone? :wishluck:

Matt Nelson had a booth, but it was manned by Ben Samuels and a fellow with a mohawk. Both were really nice. I think Matt is in New York.

Ben has the distinction of selling me my first DC slabs.

hm Why on earth is that a distinction? Are you somebody important? :insane:

Matt Nelson had a booth, but it was manned by Ben Samuels and a fellow with a mohawk. Both were really nice. I think Matt is in New York.

As far as I'm concerned, yes. :)

heh...I just woke up in my recliner and noticed this thread. I guess I fell asleep zzz Anyways, here's a link to my pics and stuff. The write up is really half-as$ed since I was struggling to stay awake, but whatever.

http://www.comicfanboy.net/node/45

I had a great time meeting everyone, and I came home with a few books I definitely wasn't expecting to get my hands on all at once :banana:

heh...I just woke up in my recliner and noticed this thread. I guess I fell asleep zzz Anyways, here's a link to my pics and stuff. The write up is really half-as$ed since I was struggling to stay awake, but whatever.

http://www.comicfanboy.net/node/45

I had a great time meeting everyone, and I came home with a few books I definitely wasn't expecting to get my hands on all at once :banana:

Great report Kenny! It was nice meeting you as well! :thumbsup:

I came to the con without much money and some books to sell/trade. Here is everything I left with :grin:

I have already posted pics of the FF #8 and the #11so I won't overkill them (bad scan pics anyways :shrug:

here's the rest Scott (Wrightsonfan) hooked me up with (all suh-WEET! grades as well!):

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0009.jpg

FF152.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0014.jpg

I did so well Saturday, there was no reason to make that long drive back on Sunday! Even though my goal for the Con was to find a HG FF #55 (there were none to be found in the grade I wanted) I ended up doing VERY well. I exceeded my expectations!

THANKS TO EVERYBODY AGAIN!!! I HAD A GREAT TIME!!

Thomas

I came to the con without much money and some books to sell/trade. Here is everything I left with :grin:

I have already posted pics of the FF #8 and the #11so I won't overkill them (bad scan pics anyways :shrug:

here's the rest Scott (Wrightsonfan) hooked me up with (all suh-WEET! grades as well!):

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0009.jpg

FF152.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0014.jpg

I did so well Saturday, there was no reason to make that long drive back on Sunday! Even though my goal for the Con was to find a HG FF #55 (there were none to be found in the grade I wanted) I ended up doing VERY well. I exceeded my expectations!

THANKS TO EVERYBODY AGAIN!!! I HAD A GREAT TIME!!

Thomas

Where are the scans for the 8 & 11? (shrug)

So, what did you tell the wife?

Well, I basically told her what I did. That I didn't spend any money outside of what I went to the Con with (which is true), that I scored a good deal on a book, flipped it, sold and traded books that I am going to have to upgrade anyways (also true - except for my STs arrgh! :frustrated: but THEY can be had easier than early high-end MG FFs). She actually told me I did good, which kind of shocked me, as I know she really doesn't care too much for the hobby.

I might have missed them but I had a hard time finding books that were either up to my standard or held any interest for me. I picked up this book at "Matts" booth I believe" Finally making a dent in my "All things Mike Grell" collection.

scan0002.jpg

There were lots of books to look through but mostly moderns and I was a bit disouraged at the quality for the most part. Maybe I just need to dig in my heels a bit more.

As far as I'm concerned, yes. :)

No offense, but that was kinda' my point . . . (: