• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does this look like an OA collection?

10 posts in this topic

Speculation on my part that neatStuff replaced hi-grade raw copies from this "original owner" find (to submit to Cgc) with lesser copies from their inventory. Else neatStuff used in stock GA scans, so they would not have to spend more time scanning and uploading pics links for eBay. :wishluck:

I called them on it...it is not an OO collection, but a collectors collection that was stored in their attice...this collection was pieced together from many sources, but it being offered by NS for sale...they even said that no where did they state "original owner" but they did word it to give that impression

rick

I called them on it...it is not an OO collection, but a collectors collection that was stored in their attice...this collection was pieced together from many sources, but it being offered by NS for sale...they even said that no where did they state "original owner" but they did word it to give that impression

rick

Thanks Rick, I guess they don't call it that but I got the impression by referring to it as an attic find. So I guess when I sale mine off I will advertise it as an "spare bedroom" find, tuck away for years and untouched.

rick

Thanks Rick, I guess they don't call it that but I got the impression by referring to it as an attic find. So I guess when I sale mine off I will advertise it as an "spare bedroom" find, tuck away for years and untouched.

mine will be the bathtub collection

As soon as I see "Neatstuff" attached to anything, I run away (so I didn't notice).

Sounds like the typical snakeoil salesmanship routine from one of the usual suspects.

well...I am kind of mixed...I bought a WW 6 from them, that was supposed to be in vg + condition (vg at the "least") and when I got it, it was about a gd, with water damage, rusted staples, etc, etc...so, I called to either return or get a partial refund, and to NS credit, they gave me back what I requested to make me feel good about purchasing, and even apologized for "cover grading" rather than inspecting the book as I had requested

rick

Unfortunately, all too common of a situation rick...

a) If the collector knuckles under and doesn't say anything, then the Greed Merchant wins.

b) If the collector stands tall and complains, the Greed Merchant then "makes it right" and they can win again.

I prefer to look at the source and the original lack of fair play that caused the unfortunate scenario to occur in the first place.

(good for you for calling them on it, btw :applause: )

i gotta say that michael from neat stuff has given me a few great deals over the years. and, in person, i love buying books from him. he sold me an AF 15 in 6.5 for 4k when it was going for 5k... i think he has a compulsive need to make quick flips?

i gotta say that michael from neat stuff has given me a few great deals over the years. and, in person, i love buying books from him. he sold me an AF 15 in 6.5 for 4k when it was going for 5k... i think he has a compulsive need to make quick flips?

I think the online/ebay "division" is mainly operated by ross k...not sure if mike is involved much or at all?