• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MY WIZARD WORLD TEXAS Vampirella Sketches!

13 posts in this topic

Ok The first one is Joe Pekar that I got last year but the rest are from this year.

Enjoy! (thumbs u :banana:

cfe3f61a.jpg

2622538c.jpg

d718b071.jpg

676b403f.jpg

eb994666.jpg

This next one is definitely the thrill of the weekend so far... I doubt even getting Campbell is going to top this one.... Joe Jusko! He doesn't normally do sketches because he says he "sucks at them". :applause:

59173d68.jpg

I'll post any more I get over Saturday or Sunday...

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think! (thumbs u

I paid Ethan Van Sciver for a Batman commission on Friday and he told me it would be ready by first thing on Sunday. I went by today after the Laura Vandervoot Q & A session and he said he couldn't get it done this weekend. He refunded my money of course, but you can imagine my disappointment. :tonofbricks:

Yeah, I didn't get my commission from Mitch Breitweiser either... yet... he's actually going to work on it over the next couple of weeks (he didn't even get a chance to start it) and then mail it to me.

I am not too upset because I know that he'll spend a great amount of time on it and it will be an incredible piece, especially after seeing what he did for Stronguy.

My suggestion for anyone that's never commissioned a piece from a popular artist before (primarily one that's $100 or more) you MUST set it up early! I mean, like first hour of the first day early, otherwise you won't get it.

Once again (two years in a row now) I have not gotten anything from J. Scot Campbell. That was my only disappointment of the show... well, other than the hole Lou. lol

I did get some really great sketches today from Rocafort, E*BAS, and Andy Kuhn (who is under-rated but a great artist). I'll post those a little later because right now I'm chilling because WOW I'm tired after standing for 3 days straight!

Ok, here are the Vampi's that I had done on Saturday and Sunday at Wizard World.

Not all are great but WOW on a few of them!

Once again, kudos to Jeff for suggesting Kuhn and for tolerating me over the weekend! (thumbs u

bd044642.jpg

e91ed2c2.jpg

f5bce4c3.jpg

da719aa3.jpg

bf3896d6.jpg

This next one is Arthur Suydam's goofy idea of a "Zombie Vampirella". I wasn't completely pleased but he was tickled over it and gave me his personal email address so that I can send him a copy of the scan. Great guy, he loved doing the character, and we all had a great time laughing about what Lou wouldn't do for amounts that were low and what Dazza would probably do for very little. :devil:

9371851a.jpg

This next one was Eric Basaldua (EBAS) I was next to last in line and he felt horrible that there wasn't enough time to do more because he really does a great sketch normally. Everything went wrong for me on this Eric piece... next to last in line on a tight schedule for him, his pencil ran out of lead :o and he did it with a fat pencil with a dull tip. He was very disappointed because no one asked for Vampi but me and he LOVES the character! Still a great sketch, even if it is a "rough".

(I had to darken it for it to show a little better in the scan)

16ae0c65.jpg

Last is new artist Kenneth Rocafort. He is new to the comics scene but WOW... I was completely beside myself with everything he did for people. I was second in line and had been bugging him all morning about getting a sketch. Even apologizing repeatedly for being a ' about it. He was extremely gracious though and does the best work I've seen in a LONG time for "convention sketches". Truly a great guy and his sister's not to bad looking either. (thumbs u

For those that do not know of him, he is doing Madam Mirage for Top Cow.

000ccdfc.jpg