• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When wouldn't you buy OA?

25 posts in this topic

Two words: Steve Oliffe

I'm with Bronty in thinking that painted comic art looks cooler, but, then again, maybe the right comparison isn't painted comic art vs. B&W comic art at all, but rather painted comic art vs. other painted art (fine art, illustration art, etc.) Just some food for thought on a Monday morning. hm

I knew you'd agree just based on what I've seen of your collection ;) Paint is just a deeper medium of expression that B&W linework can ever be. As you said, there's a reason museums display paintings and not ink drawings. Color is perhaps the single most powerful weapon in an artist's arsenal.

I know what you're saying in that if you're going to collect comic art, you might as well collect B&W, but frankly that's why most of my small collection is illustration art and not comic art. You get a better, larger product for your money. Any new entrant to the market paying today's prices for comic art without being a very wealthy individual needs to give their head a shake anyways.

Interesting. I'm the exact opposite. Years ago I commissiond Steve Bissette to do a piece for me. He was extremely late on the piece & finally sent it to me with a note that he had upgraded from a black & white to a full color design.

I'm color blind. meh

Thanks for nothing.

Like everyone else, I worship at the altar of Steve Bissette and John Totleben's Swamp Thing.

But this is really funny.