• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talked to SCOTT PORTER today about JLA MOVIE

3 posts in this topic

Here's the scoop...

I had a good conversation today with Scott Porter. If you're following the JLA movie news you'd know he's currently on Friday Night Lights and has been rumored to have been cast as Superman in the new Justice League movie.

I asked Scott if he would either confirm or deny the rumors "off the record of course" about whether he was going to be Kal-El in the JLA movie.

What he told me was that he actually auditioned to for the Flash as that was the role he really wanted but that most definitely Brody got the role. He did admit to being fairly disappointed that he didn't get the part of the Flash.

As far as being contacted for the Supe's role he said he has not been contacted at all about that role. He was extremely candid with me about it and admitted that if there are rumors circulating that rumors are always a "good thing".

I have to admit, I've never watched Friday Night Lights and knew nothing about Scott prior to meeting him but he was exceptionally nice and is really into comic books.

He's not particularly tall but many actors are not and appear larger on screen anyway.

Oh also... I did tell him that I thought that Ryan Reynolds would have made a great Flash and that I feel he has the perfect build for it, (extra lean yet still muscular, just watch Amityville during the rain scene) and Scott said that Ryan doesn't want to be involved with the JLA movie and that he's really holding out for a solo Flash film.

Needless to say, it was cool meeting him and having a great discussion at the same time, despite the goofball nerd fanboys that were trying to listen in on our conversation.