• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Wizard World Texas Report

80 posts in this topic

Stronguy, I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the MVS sketch idea is the single coolest thing I've seen on this board. It's going to take quite a bit to knock that thing off its perch, too

(thumbs u

Sounds like old age was catching at your end of the table. :whistle:
And maybe someday you won't have to sit at the "kids table" :baiting:

dwatsonwk1.jpg

Is that really the kiddie table?.. or the 9.8 "club" level? With riff raff partition incuded.(no offense dj)

Looks like a good time, is that Richie sitting at the head of the table?

Did he make you guys pay tribute with drinks and comics?

Typical.

:D

And Stonguy, that Zemo sketch really speaks to me. I love it.

You know something, the more I look at Docs pic here the more I realize that his smile is very similar to greggys :)

In fact the have the same facial expression at a forum dinner ;)

Weirdpaper, Abel and I left San Antonio early Saturday morning, and made good time driving up, save for the few silly highway closures. Within 15 minutes of seeing Mr. Bedrock our business was concluded for the weekend and we were freed of our burden of carrrying boxes of comics like refugees across the convention hall all afternoon. Thanks Rich!

As cons go, I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. I think last years was bigger and more varied, but next to San Diego, no con can ever hope to compare, so I am thus ruined and spoiled. I spent a grand sum of $10 on an Astro City tpbk. That was it.

But going out to dinner was fun. Most of the crowd was new to me, save for a few. (Mr. Bedrock goes without saying, having seen him at shows and auctions all over Texas as well as SD for the past 15 years; StrongGuy and I have crossed paths a few times, usually me casually observing SG strolling thru the back issues of a comic store cherry picking all the 30 cent variants and Giant Size issues that some nimrod mispriced. SG and I have a few mutual buddies and it was nice to chat and compare notes) I know I've seen Music Meta at cons in years past (you got those Savage Swords still gathering dust?) and it's always interesting to hear about others collecting habits, goals and stories. I was really impressed with SG's Marvel Value Stamp sketches, it was great hearing Jeff's narration of who, where, and how he got 70+ sketches for the project.

Stronguy, I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the MVS sketch idea is the single coolest thing I've seen on this board. It's going to take quite a bit to knock that thing off its perch, too

(thumbs u

Have to say that I agree. It was a treat getting to see them in person.

Scott

You know something, the more I look at Docs pic here the more I realize that his smile is very similar to greggys :)

In fact they have the same facial expression at a forum dinner ;)

meh

:):baiting:

(thumbs u

No doubt. It's really coming along great. (thumbs u

In fact they have the same facial expression at a forum dinner ;)

meh

:):baiting:

Just see if I come to your defense the next time you say the word tit.

How come no one took your picture? (shrug)

Scared? :shrug:

There might be one or two floating around, maybe Kenny has one.

found one:

greg1.jpg

Here's a picture of me trying on my Halloween coustme. I went as Quato from Total Recall. lol

Picture036.jpg

How come no one took your picture? (shrug)

Scared? :shrug:

There might be one or two floating around, maybe Kenny has one.

found one:

greg1.jpg

Here's a picture of me trying on my Halloween coustme. I went as Quato from Total Recall. lol

Picture036.jpg

SG, I don't remember you having that growth coming out of your chest/stomach when I sat beside you at dinner.....you must have been wearing a really puffy shirt. lol

Cute kid man.

Congrats on getting more sketches Sunday for your MVS project. Also, if you ever want to sell that piece of Wrightson art I will give you 251.00 for it.

Scott

No ,...No,..I yelled out !..."WHO PASSED THE GAS "???........and the big,red shirt guy meekly raised his hand!!! :banana:

There was this really smelly dork standing behind me how's volume was stuck at 11... made those few minutes seem like a few days.

I'll bet you a million dollars it was this guy (with his arm up :sick: ):

WWTX_18.jpg

and again at a past Dallas Comic Con (far left):

DCC9_5.jpg

And you, my friend, would be a million dollars richer. :thumbsup: