• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man newspaper strip question

3 posts in this topic

DISCLAIMER:

This is the first thread I have started. I'm pretty new here so please forgive me if my question is in any way stupid/redundant/badly worded (I'm working on my English. Promise!).

Here it is:

Just recently I have bought the original Larry Lieber Spider-man newspaper strip art from Feb.1, 1992. Now I would love to have the comics page it actually appeared on. Is there any way to obtain old newspaper pages? I don't even know which newspapers it ran in... And the Feb.1 date is the one in the lower right hand corner of the last panel, so I'm not sure if this is when it actually appeared in the paper or when Larry drew it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Spider-man probably ran in 350 papers at that time, surely a major New York or L.A. or Chicago paper would have carried it. Based on that, I would think you could go to a large library which receives a number of papers from large city centers, say the main library branch in Berlin, and go through the microfiche. Then have a photocopy of that image made.

Of course, this may be the luddite way of going about things.

The fact that it ran in so many papers will make finding it a lot easier. Berlin is not an option, though, as it is about an 8-hour drive away. I'll see if I can find out more on the web somehow. One of the bigger papers might have an online archive or something.

Thanks for the help! (thumbs u