• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yes dear

28 posts in this topic

nobody I know watches this show, but as I flipped around tonight... (CBS) I noted that they spent this show ripping on comic book collectors. Everyone's dressed up and comic book collecting is treated like it's dealing death. Oh... and they meet their internet buddies.

Care to name the show? I missed it but maybe I can catch a re-run.

It's the title of the thread.... makepoint.gif

They make it seem like we are all geeks that dress up as super-heroes, wookies and vulcans when we go to conventions.... crazy.gif

The name of the show is "Yes Dear" which airs on Monday nights at 8 PM (EST) on CBS.

It's a mediocre show... and this show basically ripped on comic books (showing little research into comics themselves... now I sound like a comic geek) and how stupid and childish they are. In the end, the show basically had a nice father/son moment, but it was basically ripping on comic book fans.

You guys need to take a pill. This show is comedy (reputedly) and the cornerstone of good satire is excess. If one dressed up geek is funny, putting a bunch of them into one room is hilarious. Once you take stuff like this as a serious affront, you're not thinking straight.

It would be like a doctor crying that Dr Nick on The Simpsons is making him look bad. Take a deep breath and laugh.

Ummm..I did laugh....I did not take it that seriously...the question is...did you laugh....

I actually thought the funniest part was when they were building car models and Tim Conway discovered the smell of airplane glue... insane.gif

A serious affront? No. A naked stereotype? Yes. It's like making fun of any other group in any other way with broad generalizations.

That's American humor for ya. No one group is sacred, and none should be.

You're ticked because it hammered on comic collectors, while you probably laugh yer butt off at SNL or Living Color skits with handicapped people falling down stairs, redneck yokels speaking gibberish, or fat-assed street ho's looking for tail.

A serious affront? No. A naked stereotype? Yes. It's like making fun of any other group in any other way with broad generalizations.

That's American humor for ya. No one group is sacred, and none should be.

You're ticked because it hammered on comic collectors, while you probably laugh yer butt off at SNL or Living Color skits with handicapped people falling down stairs, redneck yokels speaking gibberish, or fat-assed street ho's looking for tail.

Eeeexaaaactly. thumbsup2.gif

A fair point.