• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada post is ^*$&^#*%($ crazy

35 posts in this topic

I just mailed out 3 parcels to the states via expediated parcel post.

1st parcel with 3 slabs insured for $300.00

2nd parcel with 1 slab insured for $400.00

3 parcel with one slab insured for $100.00

Total cost to me $91.85 :censored: Average base cost per parcel was around $24.00 before fuel tax,insurance and Canada post brand lube. :eek:

Now I want the parcels to get to the states in a reasonable amount of time and I like the tracking option but is there a cheaper way?

I sent 2 slabs to Canada today through Express Mail w/tracking. Cost, a little over $26.00.

It is getting ridiculous to ship out of the states. :tonofbricks:

So I feel your pain.

i use the Expedited shipping service to the States. it automatically includes tracking and $100 insurance.

sometimes it's a bit more or less depending on where in the states I'm shipping too. but i know that i dont normally spend an average of $24 to ship a single, or 2 or three slabs. well, maybe 3 slabs. but definately not that much for one.

i use the Expedited shipping service to the States. it automatically includes tracking and $100 insurance.

sometimes it's a bit more or less depending on where in the states I'm shipping too. but i know that i dont normally spend an average of $24 to ship a single, or 2 or three slabs. well, maybe 3 slabs. but definately not that much for one.

Well I guess it depends how well you want to protect a book I guess.

I just mailed out 3 parcels to the states via expediated parcel post.

1st parcel with 3 slabs insured for $300.00

2nd parcel with 1 slab insured for $400.00

3 parcel with one slab insured for $100.00

Total cost to me $91.85 :censored: Average base cost per parcel was around $24.00 before fuel tax,insurance and Canada post brand lube. :eek:

Now I want the parcels to get to the states in a reasonable amount of time and I like the tracking option but is there a cheaper way?

L,

cant you use FedEx or UPS? They would have to be cheaper AND include tracking and DC.

Arex

Arex I live way out in the country and don't have any of these services available.

Hell, I got to get my returning slabs from cgc shipped out to the city (a 2 hr drive). :sorry:

:o

Arex I live way out in the country and don't have any of these services available.

Hell, I got to get my returning slabs from cgc shipped out to the city (a 2 hr drive). :sorry:

:o

Exactly :whatthe:
I asked for DHL shipping service in place of fedex from CGC but I got the big "go F yourself!" ..... O.K maybe they didn't say "go F yourself" but thats what it essentially means.

I concur that Canada Post is ^*$&^#*%($. :pullhair:

It seems our Southern neighbors' postal services are

catching up when it comes to shipping costs. Hopefully

the USPS will never catch up in the damage department

to the gorillas we have handling our packages here in this

fine country.

I just got back from the post office (15 min walk in the sun)

and another day with no comics. :frustrated:

Sorry to hear about your troubles Lawrence.

:foryou: