• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada post is ^*$&^#*%($ crazy

35 posts in this topic

Thanks Fay. :foryou:

Canada Post is going to be cheaper than any courier. The faster you want the parcel to get there the more you will pay. A courier would of cost a minimum of $20 -$25 more...
I'm only talking about book that are coming to me back from CGC I'm paying fedex prices already but DHL delives to my area.

i use the Expedited shipping service to the States. it automatically includes tracking and $100 insurance.

sometimes it's a bit more or less depending on where in the states I'm shipping too. but i know that i dont normally spend an average of $24 to ship a single, or 2 or three slabs. well, maybe 3 slabs. but definately not that much for one.

Well I guess it depends how well you want to protect a book I guess.

i package books they way I'd want to receive them.

i use the Expedited shipping service to the States. it automatically includes tracking and $100 insurance.

sometimes it's a bit more or less depending on where in the states I'm shipping too. but i know that i dont normally spend an average of $24 to ship a single, or 2 or three slabs. well, maybe 3 slabs. but definately not that much for one.

Well I guess it depends how well you want to protect a book I guess.

i package books they way I'd want to receive them.

Parcels used to cost me around $14 uninsured with no tracking.

No, I only have Expediated labels.

I double wall all my boxes to hopefully be more resistant to crushing.

That shouldn't increase the cost too much.

I just got back from sending a single slab via Express in a small box. It cost $25.74 with just the $100 insurance. :screwy: Thanks Canadapost! :frustrated:

I just got back from sending a single slab via Express in a small box. It cost $25.74 with just the $100 insurance. :screwy: Thanks Canadapost! :frustrated:

I forgot to add I was dinged for $36.00 on customs for a small parcel from the U.K. as well. :tonofbricks:

I forgot to add I was dinged for $36.00 on customs for a small parcel from the U.K. as well. :tonofbricks:

The customs charges are the worst for items that are worth like $10. It costs $5 for them to handle it but just $0.60 (or is it $0.50 now?) in sales taxes! :censored:

I really dont understand why its so much for you guys,

I can ship two books expedited in a box (and have for $17)

Just how big is this box your using and WTF are you putting in it?

I've never managed to get under $17 for this. I usually ring in around $18-$20 for shipping 1 CGC book. I've pretty well given up flipping comics. I just can't see a way that it's equitable to do so anymore. The shipping exceeds the value most of the time. (And when it doesn't you have to take a loss just for it to be a reasonable buy for someone else.)

I think the comic store might come back in vogue someday. I think if they lowered their prices, in general, they probably already would be.

And speaking on behalf of people living in Canada-- please don't ship UPS. We have to pay the shipping fee AGAIN once it crosses the border. Every parcel I've gotten via UPS I had to pay shipping and handling to the seller, and then when they got to the door I had to pay again. I once paid $60 shipping for a $20 wheel for my hedgehog because of that. I hate them.

I really dont understand why its so much for you guys,

I can ship two books expedited in a box (and have for $17)

Just how big is this box your using and WTF are you putting in it?

I am using a small box but ship via Expresspost. The faster turnaround = happier buyers!

Try not living in the sticks and it'll be cheaper.

Why do you care how much it costs? Just stick it to the buyers, fool (shrug)

Buyers are only willing to be gouged so much! rantrant

Customs charges, on the other hand, are a total rip-off. If only we didn't pay those CCRA drones so much to sit in their offices, order in Tim's donuts and coffee, and buy comics all day.......... :baiting: