• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: RD.10

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES  

270 members have voted

1. 1. SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES

84 posts in this topic

most of the Meskin work I know is HOM/HOS 50's 60's work, and never cared much for it. And Ditko, yeah, true original. His ROM stuff, not so good, but that's 80's and we're not voting on that.

Don't you see the similarity to the Golden Boy cover that adamstrange posted?

Background, not main figure.

No, HOM and HOS are not Meskin at his best.

Personally, I don't care for much Ditko after he left DC in the late 60s, but much of his work before that was fantastic.

Jack

most of the Meskin work I know is HOM/HOS 50's 60's work, and never cared much for it. And Ditko, yeah, true original. His ROM stuff, not so good, but that's 80's and we're not voting on that.

Don't you see the similarity to the Golden Boy cover that adamstrange posted?

Background, not main figure.

No, HOM and HOS are not Meskin at his best.

Personally, I don't care for much Ditko after he left DC in the late 60s, but much of his work before that was fantastic.

Jack

I see some similarities. The Meskin I know is strictly from the late 50's/early 60's DC stuff (which I like).

The voting right now is 27 for Severin, and 20 for each of Colan, Toth and Infantino.

Angelo, if I could make a suggestion, we're far enough along that we shouldn't boot off more than 2 per round. If there is a tie that would potentially result in 3 (or in this case 4) artists getting booted off all at once, I think there should be a tie breaker, such as most votes received the prior round.

Steranko and Colan have always been my favorites. It looks like Gene is about to go so here's a parting shot.

icons2-color.jpg

There is some really bad drawing going on in there. What the heck is going on with DD's left leg? OUCH!

The voting right now is 27 for Severin, and 20 for each of Colan, Toth and Infantino.

Angelo, if I could make a suggestion, we're far enough along that we shouldn't boot off more than 2 per round. If there is a tie that would potentially result in 3 (or in this case 4) artists getting booted off all at once, I think there should be a tie breaker, such as most votes received the prior round.

I agree that eliminating 3 or 4 is too many at this point. Your idea for the tie breaker sounds reasonable to me, Tim (thumbs u

No, JR SR is much better. Everyone likes Ditko because he is part of the uber artist/creator holy trinity of Kirby, Lee and Ditko.
I totally agree with this. Glad I am not the only one

blasphemy! Romita was Marvel's Curt Swan. Very dependable but spectacularly ordinary. Ditko is the exact opposite: at his best, his work sings and is and will be forever far more revered than good old Romita Sr.