• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT, anyone get Assaasin's Creed? Is it worth it?

31 posts in this topic

The game looks plain incredible but I am wondering if it is worth a trip to Best Buy to purchase. Anyone have it yet?

My kid has it. He seems to love it and the visuals are gorgeous...

I'm currently playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune which is a wonderful game itself...

Jim

I'm about half-way through the game and overall I think I'm getting my money's worth.

Pros - The visuals are absolutely stunning. The atmosphere when your character is walking through the streets or jumping across the rooftops is very convincing. Excellent audio as well. Interesting plot that pulls you in.

Neutral - The "contextual" controls have a bit longer learning curve than a lot of games. It took me about 3 hours to really get the hang of them when I can usually pick up a game and adjust to the controls within an hour.

Cons - Gameplay is VERY repetetive. There really isn't a lot of variety in the missions and "side-missions", and you might get bored with it after the first 3 or 4 assassinations.

Hope this helps.

I'm about half-way through the game and overall I think I'm getting my money's worth.

Pros - The visuals are absolutely stunning. The atmosphere when your character is walking through the streets or jumping across the rooftops is very convincing. Excellent audio as well. Interesting plot that pulls you in.

Neutral - The "contextual" controls have a bit longer learning curve than a lot of games. It took me about 3 hours to really get the hang of them when I can usually pick up a game and adjust to the controls within an hour.

Cons - Gameplay is VERY repetetive. There really isn't a lot of variety in the missions and "side-missions", and you might get bored with it after the first 3 or 4 assassinations.

Hope this helps.

This definitely helps. I have been playing Oblivion but this one loks so much better. Unforunitely it looks like the PC version isn't out until Feb 2008.

The game looks plain incredible but I am wondering if it is worth a trip to Best Buy to purchase. Anyone have it yet?

I have it for the PS3. I'm also about halfway through, and I'm really enjoying it. It does get a little repetitive, but that's outweighed by the story, visuals and the controls, which are great once you get the hang of it. This is a free-roaming game, so there's a lot you can do to break up the repetition. If you're into gaming, this is one that you should experience. I have a PS3 and a 360, and I buy A LOT of games, most of which don't impress me much. This one has me hooked.

I'm currently playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune which is a wonderful game itself...

Jim

Just finished it a couple of days ago. It's definitely a high quality production.

Jim

I'm also playing Drake's Fortune. Easy to lose all track of time. (thumbs u