• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper's Comic Con Report

61 posts in this topic

hey, great report Vaughn ! it was fun hanging out with you and Buck, and seeing Pirate again, getting to meet, seanh, Detroit Mike (hilarious individual), LHcomics, and finally Dale Roberts and Timely (West).

having lunch with Paratrooper was a blast, he is very funny, got to see his little

notebook in which he keeps track of his trooper covers, very organized, and concise collector. he had picked up some very nice books and I got to see them first hand..

I searched the con floor for GA Actions and Supermans and there weren't too many, I ended up buying a CGC 3.5 (although looks nicer) Superman #53 from "Comic Book World" out of Florence KY, that's right, I drove 2 hrs to buy a book from my LCS owner. lol but he let me have it for under guide price, so I won't complain.

the con attendance does seem to be down since it moved locations two years ago, or maybe it's just got more room now and it only appears that way, I dunno, but I enjoy this con and this made my 4th straight year, I hope it continues but I do feel that moving it to a different weekend might help.

also got to drool over LH Comics Captain America #1 CGC 5.0 off-white, just an incredible book !!

dude out..