• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Born #4

8 posts in this topic

So the ending...am I to understand that Frank makes a deal with the "Devil" (or some other unknown force) to save his life in exchange for his families at a later point in his life?

I don't think I like the way this book ended. Any onther opinions? confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought the book was trying to say that Frank Castle was always a bit of a psycopath with multiple tendencies and that it was not the event of his family's horrid death in the park at the hands of the Mafia that triggered his transformation into the Punisher. More like this violent nature was always a part of Castle and the death of his family justified bringing the Punisher part of him back out.

I personally liked"Born".i thought the inner voice was a good idea,it made it a little more realistic that he was a killer and he had experience with weapons the whole time,as opposed to a guy who just decides to start killing people for revenge.it also showed the inner conflict he had during the war,and it was his"dark side"that kept him alive.i like the fact that Frank castle had"the punisher"in him his whole life it just needed to be brought out.

i didnt like the voice told him it would cost him something,and showed his family.it was like he knew his family was going to die anyway,so why wouldnt he take precautions to prevent it?i dunno,that was just stupid.the voice should have just been recessed like a bad nightmare till they were killed then came out full force.why would anyone make a deal with themselves to live at the cost of the family he was trying to get back home to?the last few pages just bugged me.

i didnt like the voice told him it would cost him something,and showed his family.it was like he knew his family was going to die anyway,so why wouldnt he take precautions to prevent it?i dunno,that was just stupid.the voice should have just been recessed like a bad nightmare till they were killed then came out full force.why would anyone make a deal with themselves to live at the cost of the family he was trying to get back home to?the last few pages just bugged me.

I didnt like that part either. I allways thought he was a bit of a psycho but that kinda seems stupid.