• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do you go to Conventions.

What is your main focus when attendending cons?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main focus when attendending cons?

56 posts in this topic

I go for vintage books, and sometimes crack.

I'd like to say that I go to get sketches, but I usually cannot get sketches. It is really aggrevating actually. All of the OA nerds charge the hall as soon as the doors open and fill up the artists requests for the weekend in a matter of an hour. I call them "sketch whores". Even though they already have a sketch (or 10 or 20 sketches) by that artist they will go and get another one and not let someone who hasn't got a sketch yet to get one. One of the many things about the OA community that I hate.

To seek out crack of fellow boardies :banana:

Fixed that for ya!

:jokealert:

I only go to turn GA Collectibles into my personal coat check.

:jokealert:

No really, I go so I can schedule dinners that I don't show up at.

Ha-ha - beat you guys to it!

:boo:

Ask Danny about that girl with the crack he was sweating while she was digging through dollar boxes at Chicago. I had to hold him back from it :wink:

Seeing/meeting board members is always the highlight of any show for me. Even the local shows here where I just hang out with Sal and Arex. :grin:

damn right!

When is the next show Chris? We need to hit up Hawthornes again :cloud9:

Not sure. I actually PM'd Sal today to see if he knew. We'll need to ask Rick.

if it wasn't for the people i've met on this board, i would avoid the whole thing altogether. i've been lucky enough to have not met a single person i wouldn't be delighted to call a friend. wow, what a well-constructed sentence that was.

i guess if i collected books that were plentiful at cons, i would have a different opinion of them...

i realise others probably can't say the same, as they have to include me in that group. their mileage may vary, and likely does

Why do I go?

To get a full weekend of plumber's cracks and spare tires sticking out of ill-fitting clothing as their owner's scour through one longbox after another.

Well, its not the real reason I go...but its probably the most consistent thing I see from one Con to another.

i've been lucky enough to have not met a single person i wouldn't be delighted to call a friend

hm

honestly, if you diagram that sentence, it probably says the opposite of its intent

i've been lucky enough to have not met a single person i wouldn't be delighted to call a friend

hm

honestly, if you diagram that sentence, it probably says the opposite of its intent

Diagram a sentence?? I'm never going back to 4th grade again!! Besides, my head hurts from reading this one over and over and over...

what do you guys bring with you to carry the books you bought? i always end up with an unwieldily stack under my arm by the end of the day.

My sons backpack :gossip: