• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kelley Jones' Batman

23 posts in this topic

He just really captured the gothic, dark, and "scary" aspect of Batman that I really enjoyed. While I know many didn't like the "long ears" that were characteristic of his work, it was never a problem for me- in fact, something distinct about his take that I liked.

I didn't realize he kept his work though... probably why I haven't had much luck in finding any ;)

My understanding is that any Kelley Jones art on the market came via his inker, John Beatty. I know a good friend of Jones' and he has asked Jones about selling his art. Sorry to say, he has no plans to do so anytime soon. The good news is that he still has all his BATMAN and SANDMAN art, so at least we all know where it is.

Here you go... Batman: Haunted Gotham #1, pg. 39

HauntedGotham1_p39.jpg

Oh man... check that middle panel out!!! THAT'S what I'm talking about! :golfclap: Very nice!

That's too bad to hear Pirate as this was one artist I was going to be bugging you or Jon about. Sigh. Still plenty on my list for spring and summer :grin:

I have the Deadman Love After Death promotional poster and recieved an email from a lurker on the boards showing me the original art he has for it. Very cool stuff as you can see he just rendered one side of the framing art and flipped it later.

The owner verifies that this is only one of 4 pieces that are floating around that KJ hasn't kept for himself.

48609-KJart.jpg.d97ee0e928ab1a299dae3167917687ef.jpg

Kelley doesn't sell his artwork. The only pages that have hit the market have been from the inkers (Malcolm Jones III, John Beatty, etc.) and some the Kelley has given away. He also never seems to be at shows. Here's some of his art from my collection. He's the only artist I collect at this point.

Red Rain

1.jpg

Red Rain

2.jpg

Bloodstorm

2z.jpg

Bloodstorm

3.jpg

Bloodstorm

4.jpg

Bloodstorm

4a.jpg

Bloodstorm

4b.jpg

Bloodstorm

5.jpg

Bloodstorm

5a.jpg

Bloodstorm

6.jpg

Bloodstorm

7.jpg

Bloodstorm

8.jpg

Bloodstorm

9.jpg

Crimson Mist

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

21z.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

INCREDIBLE collection! You really have some phenomenal pages!

Thanks! Red Rain is my favorite Batman story of all time. Actually, the trilogy of Red Rain, Bloodstorm and Crimson Mist is a great read. The story/writing in combination with Kelley's art and Malcolm/John's inking make it a classic to me.