• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boris vallejo Prints question

8 posts in this topic

I am looking to put up 1 or two prints just for wall art and being a Fan of Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell I was wondering if anybody knew the quality of his/her prints.

Also "Every print comes hand signed by the artists themselves" probably a dumb question but does that mean Boris or Julie personally signs these prints or is it just a duplicate signature.

heres a few links to the ones I am interested in thanks

http://www.imaginistix.com/details.cfm?Id=627

http://www.imaginistix.com/details.cfm?Id=731

http://www.imaginistix.com/details.cfm?Id=583

http://www.imaginistix.com/details.cfm?Id=943

I have two of the prints; they were signed by Boris in black marker in the lower right hand margin. They are very sharp and definitely suitable for framing. I ordered mine after seeing the Boris print that my friend had bought and framed - good stuff.

That's their official site too, so I would say yes as to the sigs as well.

They say everyone has a twin out there somewhere and I sense that you may be my twin! Boris art... Slabbed mags... what's next Olivia art and strawberry Pop-tarts? hm

Maybe you guys know: Do signed prints (like the Vallejo/Bell stuff) ever go up in value? Can't the artist just print more and more, to meet any collector demand that's out there?

I'm quite sure that these Boris/Julie prints will never go up in value (except maybe to keep up with inflation) because of the supply and what they are. In fact, if you bought one today, you'd probably find it more trouble than it's worth to even get your money back given that anyone can just go to the site and order the exact one they want.

That said, I don't think anyone is buying $30-$150 prints with capital appreciation (or even preservation) in mind - the paper and print quality is high, the signature gives it some value beyond the totally mass-produced and they look great framed. I'm sure that anyone buying one would get their money's worth in terms of display/decoration, as a consumer and as an admirer of art. But, as an investment or store of value...no way.

It's been at least a couple of years since I ordered my 2 prints off their website...I just looked at them again and saw some others that would be cool to have and that would make nice gifts as well. :applause:

That's their official site too, so I would say yes as to the sigs as well.

They say everyone has a twin out there somewhere and I sense that you may be my twin! Boris art... Slabbed mags... what's next Olivia art and strawberry Pop-tarts? hm

lol I have always liked Boris we had a Fantasy art book growing up that I always liked and artists like Boris,Frazetta, Ken Kelly etc. Were in there so I have always wanted to own something of his even if it's a print. I do like Olivia Art from some of the Heavy metals I used to own those covers were some of my favorites, I don't know about strawberry pop-tarts though haha

Maybe you guys know: Do signed prints (like the Vallejo/Bell stuff) ever go up in value? Can't the artist just print more and more, to meet any collector demand that's out there?

I'm quite sure that these Boris/Julie prints will never go up in value (except maybe to keep up with inflation) because of the supply and what they are. In fact, if you bought one today, you'd probably find it more trouble than it's worth to even get your money back given that anyone can just go to the site and order the exact one they want.

That said, I don't think anyone is buying $30-$150 prints with capital appreciation (or even preservation) in mind - the paper and print quality is high, the signature gives it some value beyond the totally mass-produced and they look great framed. I'm sure that anyone buying one would get their money's worth in terms of display/decoration, as a consumer and as an admirer of art. But, as an investment or store of value...no way.

It's been at least a couple of years since I ordered my 2 prints off their website...I just looked at them again and saw some others that would be cool to have and that would make nice gifts as well. :applause:

That was a good question I was afraid to ask, and a great answer. I would pay up too $150 for a Boris autograph especially if it's on some nice artwork print or not. I just wish I could buy from Frazettas site for the same price. It may take awhile but when I have this framed I will post pics.