• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help and advice about CGC from Board members

37 posts in this topic

I would like to thank all who would be able to help or push me in the right directon before I start.

A little about myself, I am a modest collector with a decent size collection dating back to the 70's. I have collected on and off again through the years and have only just got back into the hobby just over a year ago, CGC had a large part with me getting back into the hobby as it was a means of being able to purchase a copy of a book that had an impartial grade assigned to a book. Since then I have accumulated nearly 120 slabs all in 9.8 either by purchasing or submitting my own books, now here comes my situation.

Back in June of 2007, I had submitted 30 books to CGC at the Paradise ComicCon as they were present to take submissions. I submitted through a friend who had a dealers account with CGC so I could get the extra discount, books had to be seperated on to two invoices as there wasn't enough room to list all on one.

So 20 went on one and 10 went on the other, no problem there. After waiting about two months, my friend called and told me my books have been graded. I finally got confirmation of my grades, wasn't that upset as I knew it was convention season and that there would be delays :screwy:. So thinking I should have my books back within two weeks would be great, my friend who had the dealer account called and said he received some books and would be bringing them to the Fan Expo show in August.

Fan Expo comes along and I meet my friend to pick up my books, I was in for a big surprise. CGC had only sent back 10 slabs out of the 30 submitted :pullhair:, my friend said he would call CGC and ask when they would be shipping the remainder.

Guess what, it's December 5th and I still don't have the rest of my slabs :frustrated:

My friend calls CGC every week and they keep promising to ship out right away, this has been going on for awhile now.

This is where I come to my fellow board members for help and advice on my situation, has this happened to anyone else?

I am restraining myself from calling CGC and giving them a piece of my mind in hope that they will make it all good and deliver my books.

I agree, no offense to your friend, but since so much time has past I think it perfectly acceptable for you to call and inquire on your own to see what the hold up is with your order. And I have to ask, can you trust your friend. :eek:

Hope things work out for you.

Ze-

why does this sound familiar?

Has this happened to you as well?

oh, no. it's just i seem to remember something similar to this being told around here a while back, is all. nothing sinister or nothing, just my mind messing with me a bit

I always get a recording that say's they are busy and to please call back after 6:00.

Except it doesn't sound like a recording due to all the hushed snickering. :(

Well, I just started getting books back from this convention. Particularly if you submit through a dealer, CGC usually holds the books until they have a large enough order to constitute shipping. So the truth is, there might be nothing wrong at all.

That said, you can always call CGC directly. But don't assume anything is wrong either. I know I'm used to getting books back in Canada about 6 months after they're submitted.

So call. But don't panic. It's probably all oK.

There there Kenny. Everything will be okay. A few of us here still like you. :foryou:

Wow, a few pencil thin bread stick armed comic nerds like me. Excuse me if I do not get all teary eyed. :cry:

I am only here for the articles, I don't look at all the pictures.

:P

Ze-