• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very 1st Ghost Rider and Origin - Long Lost Gem from 1949

21 posts in this topic

Am I missing something with this thread? I don't see the Bronze Age relevance of this thread.

The Ghost Rider of the "West" is not the Johnny Blaze motorcycle Ghost Rider. The only similarities between these two characters is that they share the same name and have "supernatural powers." Nothing more, nothing less.

bronzejohnny

I thought Mark was justifying putting this thread in the BA forum when he said:

"It was in this block buster movie that the story was told to an entire new audience building the present Ghost Rider on the foundation of the original Ghost Rider and brilliantly merging the two heroes into a single and well constructed story."

I haven`t seen the GR movie, so I have no idea if it`s true or not. Does the movie somehow tie the Johnny Blaze BA Ghost Rider to the GA/SA western Ghost Rider?

Yes it does. I thought it was one of the only cool parts of the movie. Everyone else should stop being so anal retentive and harping on people for sharing something like this. He's not 'pimping' the book in any way. I had no idea and welcome the info. Too bad I also have to wade through the usual Board Police BS as well.