• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: RD.16

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES  

267 members have voted

1. 1. SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES

73 posts in this topic

Romita easily for me. I think he's Marvel's "Curt Swan" and that's not a knock. It's just that he's a median line for me. Solid, professional, not too exciting or spectacular.

Oh, and the Spidey Factor is carrying him a bit. lol

Spot on.

Romita easily for me. I think he's Marvel's "Curt Swan" and that's not a knock. It's just that he's a median line for me. Solid, professional, not too exciting or spectacular.

Oh, and the Spidey Factor is carrying him a bit. lol

Spot on.

Yep, I agree with Tim on this one. Still voted for Ditko though as I think he's overrated (he's good, but not great). Waste of a vote, but there you go.

Adams is a BA artist.

Neal Adams has six times the credits in the SA as Jim Steranko.

you know, just sayin

(shrug)

Look, just 'cause you think the cover to Cap #110 is a steaming pile doesn't mean Steranko should be voted off. :sumo:

Steranko's influence altered everyone's style, including Neal Adams! The ultra dynamic stylized rendering of the human form he pioneered has become comics standard to this day! He took the clumsy power of Kirby & infused it with grace and design.

can you be a bit more specific? cite any examples?

i look at Steranko's work and think that it's pretty powerful stuff, but no more graceful than Kane or Ditko. i see a lot of examples of Steranko purposely copying another artist's style, which isn't bad in and of itself, but i just don't see a lasting direct impact like you describe

Sal ,

Look throught the CA 110,11,113.Had them but just sent them out.

Adams is a BA artist.

Neal Adams has six times the credits in the SA as Jim Steranko.

you know, just sayin

(shrug)

Look, just 'cause you think the cover to Cap #110 is a steaming pile doesn't mean Steranko should be voted off. :sumo:

i never said it was a steaming pile. just that i don't understand the slavish devotion to a book that obviously differs from the original intent.

Steranko should have been voted off before either Kane or Anderson

well, I don't have the books to back it up anymore. Maybe someone can help me out. Reading the article in CBM #27, I think it was, will do a lot to help as well.

:gossip: CBM 28.

Here's Adams on Steranko from that CBM issue -

48773-CBM27AdamsonSteranko.jpg.92ff883dd365cf2c83dde20af3e2ad78.jpg

Neal Adams also thinks the Earth is expanding.

just saying.

Funny that you're willing to put Adams in one of the top 3 spots and therefore recognize that he knows a thing or two about drawing and storytelling but you're also quick to discount his opinion about other story-tellers :screwy:

Neal Adams also thinks the Earth is expanding.

just saying.

Funny that you're willing to put Adams in one of the top 3 spots and therefore recognize that he knows a thing or two about drawing and storytelling but you're also quick to discount his opinion about other story-tellers :screwy:

oh don't go there, Scrooge.

if i had my druthers, Adams would be out already. i think he belongs in a spot above Steranko, though

Oooopps. I thought you were one of those Adams fancier. Who's your top 3 from the list of guys still left standing? :popcorn:

from the three left?

Kirby, Ditko and Kubert.

my personal top three?

Anderson, Kirby & Kane . In that order.