• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

book with color touch

12 posts in this topic

Your not going to get 70% on a restored book. More like 50 -55%.. Restoration is the kiss of death when trying to sell a book...

You certainly can on certain comics, if it's a key book and it's in that mid-grade. I'm guessing it's Amazing Spider-man #2, if not, at least within the 1st 10 issues.

i think 40-50% is fair, especially since the book becomes much harder to sell. i'd agree that very few silvers with color touch will fetch 70% ie a hulk number 1 or an amazing fantasy 15. it's challenging enough to sell them at all. i'm keeping the book anonymous because it's a general question... thanks for understanding. (no, i'm not going to be posting it for sale in the threads)

I have :gossip:

Comiclink just sold this...

Tales of Suspense #39 ( 1st Iron Man ) Key Silver age book

The last Overstreet Price Guide lists a 2.0 at $438.00

and Comic Price Guide lists a 1.8 (Good minus) at $223.00

That's 94% of Overstreet's price & 184% of Comic Price Guides price. It's all relative and I'm not arguing with you. Simply pointing out that in low to mid grade these old silver age still hold their own even when they're restored. But it can be debated until the sun comes up on the amount of restoration etc.

It just shows that books that are restored can still earn their keep.

Fool's and there money are soon parted. That is a stupid amount of money for that book. It isn't even a hard to find book... Crazy, just crazy...

exactly ;) ( and no, that wasn't my book, I just watch the market closely )

wow, thanks for the correction. keys at the affordable level are capable of more than i realized.
They absolutely are because there is a larger demographic of client base able to afford these then unrestored meaning that the number of potential clients is much higher and willing to pay.