• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Pressing Debate" all boils down to differing 'belief systems'

785 posts in this topic

Yay! Another pressing thread!
Dont people get tired of talking about the same mess over and over and over (shrug)

Some people like to stir up sh*t and read themselves over and over again. It gives them a feeling of self importance. Most of these people end up joining organizations to help give their cause legitimacy.

Oh no you didn't! :o

Dont people get tired of talking about the same mess over and over and over (shrug)

Some people like to stir up sh*t and read themselves over and over again. It gives them a feeling of self importance. Most of these people end up joining organizations to help give their cause legitimacy.

Oh no you didn't! :o

I can't remember the last time there was a pressing thread. And it's been years since I started one. Obviously, there's some free floating anger out there.

Like or not, it's probably the most divisive topic around here. Talking about it doesn't hurt anyone. If you're tired of it, don't read it. The subject matter of the thread was clearly labeled.

I for one, don't read through threads that don't interest me, and then complain about the existence of the thread. That seems kinda' silly.

Go look at all the topics in General, GA, SA...anywhere, in fact...and tell me that it's 'new'. meh

No doubt, but nothing compared to pressing threads... someone has to start one every couple of months. Nothing good comes out of it. Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?, everyone knows what pressing is and most people already know who's against it and for it. Its always aguments back and fourth about the same things that have been spoken about many times. Its not like anyone is providing some new info, its always the same exact stuff just typed differently... It really gets old after awhile. Its not like anything good or productive is going to come out of it.

Like or not, it's probably the most divisive topic around here. Talking about it doesn't hurt anyone. If you're tired of it, don't read it. The subject matter of the thread was clearly labeled.

I for one, don't read through threads that don't interest me, and then complain about the existence of the thread. That seems kinda' silly.

Nicely put Red, these noob's having a moan for the sake of moan just makes me think they're at the wrong time of the month once again.

This an important emotive issue that needs to be ratified out one way or another. And stop having those profiting from the practice , trying to convince their victims sorry, customers, that the practice in it's clearest form is a valid aspect of modern comic collecting.

Go look at all the topics in General, GA, SA...anywhere, in fact...and tell me that it's 'new'. meh

No doubt, but nothing compared to pressing threads... someone has to start one every couple of months. Nothing good comes out of it. Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?, everyone knows what pressing is and most people already know who's against it and for it. Its always aguments back and fourth about the same things that have been spoken about many times. Its not like anyone is providing some new info, its always the same exact stuff just typed differently... It really gets old after awhile. Its not like anything good or productive is going to come out of it.

Awareness, Baby. Awareness. Plenty of new readers every couple of months come onto the boards. They have as much right as anyone to at least know that the issue exists.

Heck, what if I complained every time you started a thread about your X-Men collection. Or the Mets. (Not that I'm complaining). It's a public chatboard. People can talk about what they want for the most part. Within reason.

Danny, please go read hellblazer's post at the top of page 2. It's for reasons like this that the topic gets resurrected from time to time...like a few other 'old favourites'.

And besides, why the hell are you reading it if you don't like it? (shrug)

It's funny how I can sit here and read the posts, hit the refresh button, and MAGICALLY more posts instantly appear! WOW the internet is nifty! :banana:

And WAIT....there's MORE! Call now and with your internet, you'll receive a free gadget set that will round out your kitchen with measuring cups, can opener, measuring spooons, clam and filet knife...... :banana:

Nicely put Red, these noob's having a moan for the sake of moan just makes me think they're at the wrong time of the month once again.

This an important emotive issue that needs to be ratified out one way or another. And stop having those profiting from the practice , trying to convince their victims sorry, customers, that the practice in it's clearest form is a valid aspect of modern comic collecting.

compostable_fertilizer.

Danny, please go read hellblazer's post at the top of page 2. It's for reasons like this that the topic gets resurrected from time to time...like a few other 'old favourites'.

And besides, why the hell are you reading it if you don't like it? (shrug)

Awareness is important no doubt, but all I am saying is that these threads never end good and more negativity comes out of it. Fair is fair though, like Red said it is a public forum.

compostable_fertilizer.

They run out of coffee in Crankyville this morning? Come on, Doc, lighten up! :hi: