• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Paypal and "New Information"

24 posts in this topic

Clean the cache of the browser. If IE7 do a "Delete All".

Make sure antivirus is up to date and perform a full scan.

Have at least two spyware scanners up to date and perform scan.

If using Windows, perform a Windows update and get all known security issues addressed via patches.

I have been going to Paypal.com. I contacted Paypal via phone and it looks as if my account has been corrupted. Oh well. No more paypal for me! :sorry: Well at least for some time. Looks like I will be sending checks to people until Paypal gets this sorted out.

Wow! That's crazy! Wonder how they managed to corrupt your account?

Well I sorted it out myself and got through Paypal without giving that information out. It took about 20 minutes though. When I log in now I still get that same screen asking for the info, but I know how to get around it now. And the forum member got their payment!

Sounds to me that the problem is local to your machine. My gut feeling is that you are being re-directed when trying to go to paypal.com. Some malware may have put some entries in your hosts file.

Scrub the system with Ad-Aware (lavasoft) and see if it goes away. If not, look for the "hosts" file. You can use "find" in the start menu. See if there is anything fishy in there.