• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic history for kids

6 posts in this topic

Just read this book from the library:

61weqUdbYJL._SS500_.jpg

While I knew most of what it said, it was a nice mix of the character's history and the history of those who created his adventures geared for the younger reader.

There are more in the series (which I'm going to check out as well) and might make a good holiday present.

HIs last name is "Forget"

I hope he remembered all the details

That was the thing that jumped out at me too! lol

Who does Mr. Forget credit with the creation of the character? Simon? Simon and Kirby? Just curious......

The way I read it, Simon as having the idea and Kirby for the implementation.

I finished this one in the series:

51X00KY5E6L._SS500_.jpg

and found it disappointing. While it gave some background on Stan Lee, there wasn't much on the Hulk himself and what there was was disjointed and fairly dry.

Granted, Hulk doesn't have the history of Captain America, but there was a lot of filler about the other things that were going on at Marvel instead of (for example) a history of monsters at Timely/Atlas/Marvel or a deeper (more coherent) chronology of how the Hulk evolved over time.

I just started the Spider-Man volume (which seems much better so far) and have the X-Men volume on order from the library.

These are all part of the Rosen Publishing series 'Action Heroes' and also include a volume on Iron Man and one on Fantastic Four (tho' it is by the author of this Hulk volume so I might have been disappointed)... neither of which are currently in my library system. According to Rosen's website, these are targetted at grades 7-12.... tho' I'm pretty sure that my 5th-grade daughters wouldn't have much trouble with these.