• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a FAQ?

2 posts in this topic

I'm just getting into the hobby of tracking down the OA I'm looking for and use the search feature quite often. However, I see that others ask some of the same questions I had.

Since OA isn't discussed many places and even seasoned comic book collectors may be new to the game of OA I think a FAQ might be a good idea.

Some of the questions I first had involve the steps it takes to go from blank page to the final product. What is each step and what is its general value to an OA collector. Pencils,inks,stats,color guides am I missing anything?

While many newbies seem to have the same questions on where to find OA and whats a good price for piece "X" personally I'd rather see a well written FAQ which deals with the art itself, which things rookies should look for like damage consistant with art, stats,missing balloons etc.

Hey buyatari. First let me say that I love your collection. I had an Atari when I was a kid. I ended up with close to 100 games and my mom sold it all several years ago in a garage sale for $5. :eek:

As far as art production goes, I put a page discussing the process on my website. My art production page only covers the blank page to inked final page and doesn't cover the recent phenomenon of the separate pencil and inked pages. It is basic information that I got from several artists that I've done business with especially Scot Eaton. He is truly one of the good guys out there. He not only helped me with the information, but he supplied me with examples to use as well. By the way, anyone here who has visited my site in the past should check it out again. Comcast upped my space from 25mb to 1gig, so I was able to go back and put in much better quality pictures. I hope this basic information helps you out.

Art production page

Chris