• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 14 Can you tell the difference

24 posts in this topic

It is the same book, but the scan for the auction has been modified to make the book look better.

Thanks again, Ebay....for watching out for the buyers and letting these scumbuckets roam free.

As I frequently do, I reported him as a PhotoShopping Fraud (as if they are going to do anything about it.) :insane:

That upper corner looks like it has something wrong with it and it's obvoiusly not in his scan.

Perhaps sending Security the picture of the real comic and the scan in the auction would help...I'm going to call, too.

Just his ad alone would turn me off from bidding...it's a shame that people like him make all the decent Ebay sellers look bad, and there are LOTs of decent ones...but guys like him make everyone forget about that.

I emailed this lady this morning, asking for a page count on a Detective 93, her reply was that it was in great shape and should be "graded" ..(I thought yes, about a 1.8) she never gave me the page count...and then I found that she listed this gem...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110205595615&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

But I still find some great people on Ebay, the turkeys ...I just try and ignore...

Check out the Silver Surfer tandem she sold . . . :o It doesn't even look like the book is IN the slab lol

9927_3.JPG

I found her auctions because I saw she had sold an Action #12...I was looking up Actions...She had a lot of really low grade Batmans and the Action 12 she sold as a group, (that were of course all "mint") ..still went kind of low...but when I started looking at the other current auctions... :eek:

You are right, that looks like it's bent?

Grader...when my daughter was in Kindergarten, she wanted to be a "grader" ...looks like this seller may have found some ...kindergarten kids to help her "grade" :) and a friend mentioned staying away from seller's who put "666" in their Ebay names, that it might be a sign they are a tad off..;)