• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 14 Can you tell the difference

24 posts in this topic

Looks like some problems were made to disappear on the scan or a scan of another comic was used. It's most noticeable to me in the upper right but it looks like all the corners have some wear that doesn't show up on the scan.

A partial refund? A link to the auction might help people here to decide to see how the book was presented by the seller.

But, to be honest, I think this is exactly why many people only buy only graded books on eBay.

I still collect raw, and buy occasionally on eBay, but my rule in buying raw on eBay is:

1 -- Take the book down at least one full grade from what the seller says, more if they say something like "This baby is NM!!!!!!!!!"

2 -- Never pay more than 75% of guide on the downward grade.

3 -- Never buy ungraded keys on eBay.

These days I'm mostly buying at shows and trying to catch up on my reading and staying away from buying on ebay.

Guess I'm trying to say that eBay is most definitely a "buyer beware" environment.

It is the same book, but the scan for the auction has been modified to make the book look better. The ebay scan has some very nice vibrant colors. Also, top right corner damage not apparent in the auction scan. I wouldn't be happy with that book as it is not what you bought.

Please tell us who the seller is. Based on what we see here, it is unlikely you will get a refund, as it appears to be intentional misrepresentation. hm

Yeah, no kidding - that scan has been severely photoshopped. What a *spoon*.

Yes, send us a link. This is the same comic book, and it has been altered. I myself

would say I want a refund because the comic book shown on their auction is not as

it was represented.

I believe I know what they will e-mail you back, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Remember to not e-mail abusive language no matter how this goes. And if you used Paypal

report this to them if you have not heard back from the auctioneers within four days, and, or if they give you a hard time.

Can you tell the difference between the ebay auction picture and the acutal comic I received? Should I get a partial refund here?

The seller does offer refunds. "All are returnable for a refund within 7 days of receiving it, if you are dissatisfied for any reason."

This makes me Vomit!

First off, i'm assuming this seller is "he whose name cannot be spoken".

second, i'm perplexed by the admission of "a single dot of color touch".

what's his game here?? does he feel that selling some Restored books makes his other offerings less suspect?? does he think that with the admission of such a tiny bit of resto, the buyer won't even bother to get it graded??

and he doesn't include the ironclad guarantee anymore, that any resto discovered by Pro's in his/our lifetime will generate a full and cheerful refund.

Same as it ever was.................... :(

Just search robojo33 and you'll get all the info you want. By the way, the reason he has a refund policy is to avoid negs on Ebay. He figures the few who figure it out will be eclipsed by the many who don't.

second, i'm perplexed by the admission of "a single dot of color touch".

what's his game here?? does he feel that selling some Restored books makes his other offerings less suspect?? does he think that with the admission of such a tiny bit of resto, the buyer won't even bother to get it graded??

Who needs to restore the actual book when you can "restore" the scan to look NM, while allowing it to come back "unrestored" from CGC? He's banking on people not knowing how to grade, people not wanting to bother with the return, etc.,. The restoration guarantee covers certification, but the 7-day "for any reason" guarantee would not be sufficient for a newbie to learn his "NM/MT" is only VF/NM, etc.,.

You're right, the beat goes on with the biggest scammer in the history of the comic book hobby. :(

It is the same book, but the scan for the auction has been modified to make the book look better.

Thanks again, Ebay....for watching out for the buyers and letting these scumbuckets roam free.