• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Feel The Church Books Being Stored in Stacks

597 posts in this topic

Is anybody talking about not disclosing? I'm confused at this point.

That's a pretty meaty post for you....in a pressing thread. :baiting:

Is anybody talking about not disclosing? I'm confused at this point. What's the argument here? Not disclosing or not pressing? Seriously, I'm having trouble keeping up.

Are we:

1) Anti-pressing entirely?

or

2) Anti-pressing without disclosing?

The thread has turned up on itself, and I'm not sure which way is up. Pressing? I don't care. Not disclosing? Bad.

If NOD is like it was when I was a member, different members want different things. Some simply want disclosure, some want pressing labeled as resto, some want the practice of pressing abolished, and at least one wants CGC crucified in the public square.

As for this thread, I don't think anyone has argued against disclosure.

Right, so when I say Pressing = I don't care, Not-disclosing = bad I'm on the right track?

Is anybody talking about not disclosing? I'm confused at this point. What's the argument here? Not disclosing or not pressing? Seriously, I'm having trouble keeping up.

Are we:

or

The thread has turned up on itself, and I'm not sure which way is up. Pressing? I don't care. Not disclosing? Bad.

If NOD is like it was when I was a member, different members want different things. Some simply want disclosure, some want pressing labeled as resto, some want the practice of pressing abolished, and at least one wants CGC crucified in the public square.

Right, so when I say Pressing = I don't care, Not-disclosing = bad I'm on the right track?

(thumbs u

But you already have a problem with the things I say.

Can you imagine if a member were to say the same things?

Apparently, your ideas magically become valid once you fork over the membership dues.

I (the collector) just sent in my application...

Let's see if I get accepted. :wishluck:

I can't answer for NOD but that's my take. Personally pressing is not resto in book and I don't have any evidence that it harms the books. However, not disclosing it kind of silly and some people do care. Therefore:

Pressing: Don't Care

Not Disclosing: Bad

Are we:

or

(thumbs u

Excellent. You guys go back to your ranting now, I just wanted to make sure I understood where everybody stood. Carry on.

Apparently, your ideas magically become valid once you fork over the membership dues.

could you(thecollector, not big time dealer) sell me your Supes #18 :grin:

Someday, sure! (thumbs u

Now, unlike NOD members, whose words shouldn't be taken as representing NOD, if Richard the collector joined NOD now, and decided to speak out against something he didn't agree with, then everyone would assume that Bedrock City was anti-NOD. Kinda like they do already.

If you want me to join I will. But you already have a problem with the things I say.

Go for it, dude! I guess my tough love worked. :baiting:

Although, Rich....stop it....this?

The answer basically was "if a dealer doesn't disclose, then eventually NOD will have enough converts to make that dealer an outcast in the hobby."

Again, a blatant distortion of NOD's mission. I know you wouldn't misrepresent a book you sold as badly as you misrepresent the discussion you heard. I would take that out of quotes, because you never heard those words. meh

Someday, sure! (thumbs u

:cloud9:

Brad,

Here's the deal, as honestly as I can put it.

I am Richard Evans - comic collector.

I am also Richard Evans - owner of Bedrock City Comic Co.

The collector would join in a heartbeat. I will join today.

BUT, the store owner, who has been in business a long time, cannot see what NOD has to offer. One of the questions I asked at the San Diego panel was "why should an established dealer join NOD? What does NOD have to offer?" The answer basically was "if a dealer doesn't disclose, then eventually NOD will have enough converts to make that dealer an outcast in the hobby." So Bedrock City discloses. So again I ask, "What does NOD have to offer?"

Now, unlike NOD members, whose words shouldn't be taken as representing NOD, if Richard the collector joined NOD now, and decided to speak out against something he didn't agree with, then everyone would assume that Bedrock City was anti-NOD. Kinda like they do already.

If you want me to join I will. But you already have a problem with the things I say.

Richard:

I've seen you ask this question more than once and I didn't have an answer until now. If I join most volunteer organizations, I'm not doing so for what I get out of it in a direct sense. Instead, I join based on whether I believe in the goal of the organization. You should join because you're doing something good for the comic community, working to educate the community about restoration/enhancement and the corresponding disclosure.

ToughLove.jpg

That's the ticket.

BTW.... I would love to give Richard tons of credit for disclosing...but Rich...is there a whisper of it on your website, which is pretty extensive? If there is, can you direct me to it? Cause I haven't found any links to stuff like that..... I did a search on your site for the words "press" "disclose" "pressing" and "disclosure" and got no matches returned.

Well, glad to have the collector side of you join NOD....even if the business man lags behind.

Brad,

Here's the deal, as honestly as I can put it.

I am Richard Evans - comic collector.

I am also Richard Evans - owner of Bedrock City Comic Co.

The collector would join in a heartbeat. I will join today.

BUT, the store owner, who has been in business a long time, cannot see what NOD has to offer. One of the questions I asked at the San Diego panel was "why should an established dealer join NOD? What does NOD have to offer?" The answer basically was "if a dealer doesn't disclose, then eventually NOD will have enough converts to make that dealer an outcast in the hobby." So Bedrock City discloses. So again I ask, "What does NOD have to offer?"

Richard:

I've seen you ask this question more than once and I didn't have an answer until now. If I join most volunteer organizations, I'm not doing so for what I get out of it in a direct sense. Instead, I join based on whether I believe in the goal of the organization. You should join because you're doing something good for the comic community, working to educate the community about restoration/enhancement and the corresponding disclosure.

Again, I totally agree with you.

But NOD is looking for dealers to join to help them gain some legitimacy.

If Bedrock City were to join, it would have to be a business decision on some level.

I just applied, but not in conjunction with Bedrock City.

Hopefully that will eliminate any conflict on my part.

I agree to the terms of the organization, but I don't have to speak for Bedrock City as I do it.

Much the same as you and others don't necessarily speak for NOD when you post here.

Again, I totally agree with you.

But NOD is looking for dealers to join to help them gain some legitimacy.

If Bedrock City were to join, it would have to be a business decision on some level.

I just applied, but not in conjunction with Bedrock City.

Hopefully that will eliminate any conflict on my part.

I agree to the terms of the organization, but I don't have to speak for Bedrock City as I do it.

Much the same as you and others don't necessarily speak for NOD when you post here.

Are they going to let you get away with that? They're generally pretty serious about members posting the NOD logo in all of their auctions, and on the member's website, if he/she has one.

BTW.... I would love to give Richard tons of credit for disclosing...but Rich...is there a whisper of it on your website, which is pretty extensive? If there is, can you direct me to it? Cause I haven't found any links to stuff like that..... I did a search on your site for the words "press" "disclose" "pressing" and "disclosure" and got no matches returned.

Well, glad to have the collector side of you join NOD....even if the business man lags behind.

Nothing on the Bedrock City web-site is pressed. (shrug)

When the sale is over (Dec. 26th) and I list the Namora #3 (if it hasn't sold between now and then) it will have a big ol' Pressed next to it. (thumbs u

Also, if I list any books that are pressed I will definitely let everyone know.

Thanks for looking out for me.