• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos.....Warning possible spoilers

14 posts in this topic

Well finally it has come out. I was just signed up for the first one to reserve judgement on it and as soon as I opened the cover and saw the artwork I told them to sign me up for the run of it. The story seemed a little weak tho with Thanos kinda like giving himself up, kinda.....sorta. Tho I do hate how he draws Adam Warlock, who is an awesome character on his own, but the rest of the book was absolutely amazing for the eyes.

What do others out there think of this series. As well is this a 6 part series or will it be ongoing, can someone help out.

Literally- Thanos, sitting around doing some soul-searching and realizing that he needs to make changes in his life to fill the emptiness at the core of his soul. So he decides to make amends.

Basically it's like Thanos' personal version of working through a 12-step program. In this issue he makes it through 1-8. 1 being "admit you have a problem ("I'm addicted to trying to destroy the universe") and 8 being "make amends." Being Thanos he ignores any part that talks about "higher powers," of course...

Warlock is along for the ride. The way in which he is trying to make amends is pretty interesting and will probably serve as a vehicle for all sorts of Thanosy hijinks.

Literally- Thanos, sitting around doing some soul-searching and realizing that he needs to make changes in his life to fill the emptiness at the core of his soul. So he decides to make amends.

You reading this CI/JoeCollector? thumbsup2.gif

I thought it was pretty cool... and it's been selling fairly well... although old sourpuss can't really hold a monthly title... He and Warlock are both much better as guest-stars or in mini-series... I give this 14 issues... confused-smiley-013.gif

I really don't like how every single evil-doer is somehow a product of a bad childhood. I mean, come on...this is starting to get ridiculous. Venom, Green Goblin, Emma Frost, and now Thanos, etc, etc. makepoint.gif

Uhh...Evil people gotta come from somewhere. It's more realistic when they come from poor upbringings.

I really don't like how every single evil-doer is somehow a product of a bad childhood. I mean, come on...this is starting to get ridiculous. Venom, Green Goblin, Emma Frost, and now Thanos, etc, etc. makepoint.gif

Uhh...Evil people gotta come from somewhere. It's more realistic when they come from poor upbringings.

insane.gifinsane.gif

in the wise word of Corky Ramanio "bad dogs arn't born that way, they are made that way"

Research into twins separated at birth would disagree with that old wive's tale. It's a concept propogated by our society because we can't accept that the "nice boy next door" may be a serial killer.

But then again, why would I expect the hacks at Marvel to actually work at creating a character backstory? makepoint.gif

Why create a character backstory when you know they will be pulling you off the title in five months for the next flavor-of-the-week?

Sad to say, but it was a lot easier to create good characters when you might have a chance to develop them...

I really don't like how every single evil-doer is somehow a product of a bad childhood. I mean, come on...this is starting to get ridiculous. Venom, Green Goblin, Emma Frost, and now Thanos, etc, etc.

Indeed, evil people DO need to come from somewhere, just like good people need to come from somewhere. My problem is the fact that the reason is usually, "I didn't get enough attention as a child, which forced me to destroy planets and eat babies with honey dijon mustard and a dash of relish." I agree that a story is more realistic when a backdrop is given, but not when it is a story that has been recycled too many times.