• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a selection!

7 posts in this topic

I made the mistake of going through his listings, and ended up bidding on at least 30 books! For those looking to fill holes in their collection, or for cheap quality reading material, look no further!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=neatstuffstuff&sort=3&page=11&rows=50&since=-1&showpics=0&stab=0

I've been wondering of late...exactly how these guys make money...alot of these books have been selling for .01 apiece...

I'm thinking that they must be hoping to make some sort of profit from the shipping charge...either that or they are just trying to clear house... confused-smiley-013.gif

Dude...did you go through those listings page by page!?!?! I'm on njpower's ebay listing spam list, and while they have some nice books and I buy from them occasionally, there's no way I'm going to peruse hundreds of pages of listings...I pretty much have searches set up based on my want list.

Speaking of ebay searching...does anyone know how I can set up a single ebay search with multiple title/issue combos?

They charge $1 shipping for each book, so if you win a book for a penny, you're actually paying $1.01. Still though, a ton of these books have cover prices of $2 or $3, so it's still a good deal.

Speaking of ebay searching...does anyone know how I can set up a single ebay search with multiple title/issue combos?

Hey banner, I'm sure you know as much about eBay searching as I do, but in any event what I do is:

- keep several My Favorite searches going;

- get email notification for most (ebay now lets you have up to 30 separate searches with daily email notification);

- occasionally do something clever like...

Search in Comics: Golden Age for selected issues of All American Comics, All Star Comics, All Flash Comics but not All American War or All Star Western by doing a search that looks like

all (11, 15, 24, 30, 34, 47, 49, 77, 79, 83, 87, 99, flash ) -western -war

Cheers,

Z.

Yeah, I've got several similar saved searches (bookmarks), but was looking for the code to put in ebay's search URL that would give me "(Hulk 105, 112, 129) + (Spidey 1,2,3,4) + (Schomburg) +...etc.,."

Perhaps I'll try the "My Favorite" email notification method, but fear the volume of the results!!