• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Books that illustrate the need for correct storage

5 posts in this topic

Just got these 2 in today from different Vendors.

I only bought the DETECTIVE because it looks so nice, its not particularly a KEY, but its looks like a 6.0 but has been hammered down in Grade because of BRITTLE pages.

The SHOWCASE has SLIGHTLY BRITTLE pages.

Obviously both books have been well looked after to some degree but have been stored in some kind of environment that has not agreed with the paper quality.

Creases and blemishes on the DETECTIVE are minimal, same with the SHOWCASE.

I guess I'll be alright as long as I don't crack 'em...but what the hell I love 'em.

To the eye these books are arguably 2 of the nicest Low Graders I've seen.

Just illustrates how important other factors are to your books...

Thoughts?

r146a.jpg

P2050001.jpg

9f8ada19.jpg

P2050002.jpg

Thanks for the posting. Sad but true.

low grade pulp paper = high acid content = degradation. I've heard comics referred to as "little time bombs".

Just think, in about 100 years all our incredibly cared-for comics will be dust. Of course, so will we, so it won't really matter.

low grade pulp paper = high acid content = degradation. I've heard comics referred to as "little time bombs".

Just think, in about 100 years all our incredibly cared-for comics will be dust. Of course, so will we, so it won't really matter.

lol Cheer up...it's nearly Xmas! :foryou:

That is me, cheered up. You should see me when I'm melancholy.

That is me, cheered up. You should see me when I'm melancholy.

Oh no...look at your post count :devil: