• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies vs Robots vs Amazons - Any Ashley Wood fans here?

22 posts in this topic

Ok, I just did some searching and found that it is the same guy who did the 30 Days covers (thumbs u

He also did some art on the Silent Hill comics, which I am a big fan of :cloud9:

I'll be checking out his Zombies vs. Robots comics for sure!!!

Here's some info on Mr. Wood:

http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=1845

He also did several issues of Hell Spawn (of Todd McFarlane fame) and a Spawn one-shot that was really good and the latest Tank Girl mini-series. Probably his best stuff to date is PopBot, which you can get in two TPB's on Amazon. Great stuff.

Automatic Kafka is great fun if you get into his stuff. It was cancelled after 9 issues, but you can still get all of them on the (fairly) cheap. The last issue is funny because the Joe Casey (the writer) and Ashley Wood actually appear in the comic to tell Automatic Kafka that he has been cancelled because readers 'don't get it'. They proceed to have a funny discussion from there.

A couple of more obscure things that he worked on were the DOOMED Magazine format series (4 issues inspired by the old Warren Horror Mags) from IDW and a series called d'airain which is great as well.

He also did Lore for IDW publishing back in 2003

I thought it was a woman

Nope, pretty sure Ashley is a man, just like this dude:

ash.jpg

Did you see this? :headbang::applause:

Absolutely! :headbang:

I was pretty sad that "Living with the Dead" was only three issues. I really enjoyed it.....

I know, I need more recipes! :insane:

It was good but by the second issue I pretty much knew who was going to bite the bullet!