• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC First Annual Award Results!

45 posts in this topic

More and more like a family everyday........ tongue.gif

Screw you, cousin Jimmy. mad.gif

You screwed cousin Jimmy?!?!?!? What is this, "Weekend At Greggy's"????893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

popcorn.gif

Congratulations to our winners:

Joanna, Beyonder, House and BB13!

FANTASTIC!. Such a nice group of folks. 893applaud-thumb.gif Really happy to BronzeBruce13 win this as he as helped me out so much with his advice and opinions and contacts.

I still think some type of award should go to valiantman. Gregg has really kept us informed with those CGC graded comics.

Thanks Michael...

I agree Valiantman and many others were unjustly missed because a specific enough category was not created. I suggested the below and would like to hear some feedback or suggestions so we have every worthy contribution category addressed for next year. There's so many here with equally valuable input that I appreciate and learn from weekly.

Next year I'd like to suggest we expand the categories to give credit/recognition to more people. The present categories were a good start but we all know MANY deserving of recognition were unintentionally missed for their unique (and sometimes very specific) contributions.

The "Most Informative" category alone could easily be expanded into quite a few worthy sub-categories (I listed my vote in those areas from my experience, as an example... but this was off the top of my head and I know I missed some that I would include if I put more time in considering it): MI General Comic Knowledge (House)... MI Comic History (Kevthemev/Odin88)... MI Statistics (Valiantman)... MI Grading Issues (FF)... MI Dealer Perspective (House/Donut/Bob)... MI Printing / Production Issues (Dice/Kevin76)... MI Restoration Issues (Pov/FF)... MI Technical Issues (ComicWiz...) MI Market History/Evaluation (Gene/Vince).

The "Positive Contributions" category could also be expanded to include varying types of worthy contributions: MPC Forum Participation (Joanna/Dam60)... MPC for Comic Charities (Dam60)... MPC Assisting Fellow Forumites (Valiantman)... MPC Saving Buyers from Scams (Rick/Matt)... MPC Advancing New Ideas/Innovating (FF)...Etc.

"Honorable Mention" should just be the "runner up" in each category since its pretty vague.

Maybe add "Most Entertaining" in a few categories too?