• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC First Annual Award Results!

45 posts in this topic

All Votes Roughly as of 2:15pm EST Firday, 10/3/03

Most Positive Contributor: (Total Votes: 62)

dam60 11 17%

bronzebruce13 8 12%

darthdiesel 3 04%

greggy 0 0%

drbanner 3 04%

Bronty 1 01%

speedjunkies 2 03%

Joanna 19 30%

Bug 4 06%

Valiantman 8 12%

Kevthemev 1 01%

sborock 2 03%

Rookie of the Year: (Total Votes: 50)

Beyonder 38 76%

AfricanComicGirl 12 24%

Most Informative Forum Member: (Total Votes: 60)

fantastic_four 8 13%

Valiantman 8 13%

Lighthouse 12 20%

Shield 2 03%

povertyrow 6 10%

comicwiz 1 01%

darthdiesel 2 03%

Timely 0 0%

odin88 0 0%

bronzeBruce13 4 06%

joe_collector 5 08%

speedjunkies 0 0%

Metropolis 2 03%

Pedigreeman 3 05%

FlyingDonut 1 01%

Hammer 3 05%

Zillatoy 0 0%

DiceX 2 03%

araich 0 0%

rob_react 1 01%

Pedigreeman 0 0%

Honourable Mentions: (Total Votes: 46)

joe_collector 1 02%

Lighthouse 5 10%

DeLekkerste 1 02%

KevtheMev 2 04%

Blowout 2 04%

Captains_of_Industry 1 02%

ubiquiti 2 04%

Gman 0 0%

Oldguy 1 02%

BOC 5 10%

FlyingDonut 3 06%

CGCFan 0 0%

Bronty 1 02%

Plitch 0 0%

ninanina 1 02%

shadrach 0 0%

shiverbones 1 02%

Dad 0 0%

Mushroom 0 0%

Major Khaos 5 10%

araich 3 06%

musicmeta 0 0%

bronzebruce13 6 13%

Shield 3 06%

Kevin76 0 0%

AfricanComicGirl 1 02%

Timely 1 02%

Metropolis 0 0%

Beyonder 1 02%

Metarog 0 0%

Congratulations to our winners:

Joanna, Beyonder, House and BB13!

893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

I'd like to thank those that voted for me. As Joanna can tell you, feedback really is important to writers. And knowing that you folks appreciate my posts encourages me to keep posting.

There was talk earlier about a prize being awarded for Most Informative. I would ask that that prize be given to Joanna instead. While I may provide some insight from time to time, my contributions to this place pale in comparison to hers. If anyone deserves a prize for the time they spend here, it's Joanna.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Congratulations to our winners: Joanna, Beyonder, House and BB13!

Sweet sweet sweet! acclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

I have a GA jungle type adventure book for each winner. And Light - that means Joanna gets one too! So you can have your own! So winners please PM me with shipping info. grin.gif

That's very kind of you Pov... I take back all the mean things I said about you to Khaos... smile.gif

And a brief apology to anyone who happened across my final contribution to that other thread, which is thankfully gone now. smile.gif So we can return to the lovefest this was intended to be.

I'd personally like to thank Pov, FF, JC, Valiantman, BronzeBruce, and strangely enough, Hammer, for all the knowledge they have shared with me. I have learned a great deal in my time here, and each of you has been a big part of that. thumbsup2.gif

I don't get it. What is wrong with people getting together and showing appreciation? I voted for some of those people because I saw it as a way to publicly show my appreciation for the their contributions.

Why not give it a rest? You already made your point.

Russ

Lets give BestOf7 a round of... 893applaud-thumb.gif ... for the idea in the first place.

smile.gif My personal thanks to those that gave me a "pat on the back" so to speak for my participation/efforts here. Truth be told, it is cool to know that people I respect value my input... on occasion anyway.

The CGC forum has become a "Virtual Cheers" (friendly local bar) for me... where I can hang out and enjoy great conversation with a diverse group of comic fans whose company I genuinely enjoy. Judging from the gradually increasing time I spend here, it's a good thing there is no alcohol or I'd be tanked!

grin.gif

I learn so much from almost everyone here and feel fortunate I can rely on my fellow forumites for information, advice, assistance and support. We are all a fantastic resource for one another. Someone here will be able to help you no matter what... so thanks CGC, again for the "local bar" we call the forum.

Next year I'd like to suggest we expand the categories to give credit/recognition to more people. The present categories were a good start but we all know MANY deserving of recognition were unintentionally missed for their unique (and sometimes very specific) contributions.

The "Most Informative" category alone could easily be expanded into quite a few worthy sub-categories (I listed my vote in those areas from my experience, as an example... but this was off the top of my head and I know I missed some that I would include if I put more time in considering it): MI General Comic Knowledge (House)... MI Comic History (Kevthemev/Odin88)... MI Statistics (Valiantman)... MI Grading Issues (FF)... MI Dealer Perspective (House/Donut/Bob)... MI Printing / Production Issues (Dice/Kevin76)... MI Restoration Issues (Pov/FF)... MI Technical Issues (ComicWiz...) MI Market History/Evaluation (Gene/Vince).

The "Positive Contributions" category could also be expanded to include varying types of worthy contributions: MPC Forum Participation (Joanna/Dam60)... MPC for Comic Charities (Dam60)... MPC Assisting Fellow Forumites (Valiantman)... MPC Saving Buyers from Scams (Rick/Matt)... MPC Advancing New Ideas/Innovating (FF)...Etc.

"Honorable Mention" should just be the "runner up" in each category since its pretty vague.

Maybe add "Most Entertaining" in a few categories too?

Just an idea...

confused-smiley-013.gif

I assume that was intended for several posts up?...

...but in a way you're right.... "Honorable Mention" was close enough that it really should be a "multi-group or "top 3" result. It could change anyway as people are still voting apparently.

If your 5 votes were pulled because everyone realized you'd win the Most Informative... who knows where those 5 would have went. Tight race.

Another good reason for expanded/more specific categories next time.