• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it time to worry yet?

28 posts in this topic

I bought a book from this seller...

Click

It's been over two weeks since the auction ended and it was paid for.

His negs have been coming in pretty regular since it closed.

Even those that got their books appear to be an average of 4 weeks before feedback is left.

I wouldn't normally be alarmed, but I've sent numerous emails and never get a reply.

So...Did I get taken for a ride on this one?

jenny_az( 33) Oct-03-03 15:02:50 PDT 2188524037 S

Complaint : never recd comic...stated comic was shipped twice....slow on answering e mail...

How can someone ship a comic twice? It wasn't like a new book the seller had more than one copy of. It was a Silver Age CGC Avengers book. I would be concerned and give him a call. Another negative stated comic was poorly packed and uninsured (I presume the buyer who left the neg paid for the addt'l insurace). Good luck with it.

I've tried to get an email back from him several times over the last 5 days with no results.

I sent this one tonight.

I may have come off sounding like an [!@#%^&^], but it's starting to worry me with the negs he keeps getting.

--------------------email-----------------------

Hi,

I need to know the status of this book.

The auction ended and the item was paid for 15 days ago.

Since then, I have received neither the book, nor an email from you giving status on the shipment.

I am willing to be understanding if there are circumstances beyond your control, but I am starting to question my judgment since I am getting absolutely zero contact from your end.

Please contact me within the next 24 hours of this email and give me the status of shipment.

If not, I will be filing claims with Paypal and eBay to get my money back.

I have no problem completing this transaction, but am starting to run out of patience.

Thank you,

Steve

I've tried to get an email back from him several times over the last 5 days with no results.

I sent this one tonight.

I may have come off sounding like an [!@#%^&^], but it's starting to worry me with the negs he keeps getting.

--------------------email-----------------------

Hi,

I need to know the status of this book.

The auction ended and the item was paid for 15 days ago.

Since then, I have received neither the book, nor an email from you giving status on the shipment.

I am willing to be understanding if there are circumstances beyond your control, but I am starting to question my judgment since I am getting absolutely zero contact from your end.

Please contact me within the next 24 hours of this email and give me the status of shipment.

If not, I will be filing claims with Paypal and eBay to get my money back.

I have no problem completing this transaction, but am starting to run out of patience.

Thank you,

Steve

If you sent me that Email......I might have told you to " go [!@#%^&^] yourself " tongue.gif

Just kidding Dice. The more you post......the more I'm glad I didn't have to run against you for Rookie of the Year . flamed.gif

The more you post......the more I'm glad I didn't have to run against you for Rookie of the Year . flamed.gif

You would have creamed me.

Remember, I came in one vote behind Hammer in the other poll.

Talk about unloved. sorry.gif

The more you post......the more I'm glad I didn't have to run against you for Rookie of the Year . flamed.gif

You would have creamed me.

Remember, I came in one vote behind Hammer in the other poll.

Talk about unloved. sorry.gif

If it wasn't for BUGABOO ....my name would have never come up. tonofbricks.gif

Update.

Today, he gets two more negs and NARUd.

Obviously the phone number was fake too because it is not connected.

This is starting to suck.

flamed.gif

I filed the fraud thing on Paypal.

What do I do next?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I filed the fraud thing on Paypal.

Here's the result of a recent paypal complaint I had go in my favor as an Ebay buyer for a non delivery. Start to finish it took about two weeks. I have to admit I was surprised that it went as quickly as it did and the full $$ was restored to my account.

Good Luck ...

dave h

PayPal Case ID:

PP-x-dbag-who-didnt-ship-x

Reason for Dispute:

Non-Receipt

Date of Complaint:

Sep. 25, 2003

Case Closed

Status Details:

Our investigation of this complaint is now complete.

The seller did not respond to our requests for tracking information. As a result, we have awarded you a full refund.

Any portion of the payment which was funded with your credit card will be refunded directly to your credit card. Credits to a credit card generally take 2-3 business days to post, and may not be immediately reflected in the card's balance.

This case is now closed and no further action is required of you at this time.

Glad to hear you got your money back from Paypal.

I got taken by a deadbeat seller a number of months back. (He had all positives, until after I paid for my auction and then the negs came rolling in.) The first time in four years that I got taken for more than $10.

Paypal quickly agreed that he was at fault, but said they couldn't return my money. I guess it was because I paid from a cash account and he had already cleaned out his Paypal account.

I filed through eBay's safeharbor and after about 2 and 1/2 months and filing several sets of forms, I got part of my money back (except for the $25 deductable and the postage/insurance ammount).

Funny, it took eBay several months to decide he was at fault in order to send me a partial refund, while Paypal almost immediately found him at fault but didn't send me my money.

Maybe I should switch my Paypal account from a cash funded account to a credit card account. Might make it easier to get refunds.

Gary J.

ECFANMAN

Maybe I should switch my Paypal account from a cash funded account to a credit card account. Might make it easier to get refunds.

Definitely, and Paypal also knows you have the option of a charge-back if they drop the ball, and tend to be more accomodating.

Next update on this NARU'd dealer.

I got the letter from Paypal on the final judgement today...

Our investigation has determined that the seller is at fault, but we were

unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the

PayPal User Agreement, Buyer Complaint funds recovery cannot be guaranteed.

If this transaction took place on an auction site, we encourage you to

contact the auction site and see if they offer insurance coverage.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.

So basically, it looks like I'm SOL.

I guess I can still get a little of it back from eBay.

Has anyone been successful with an eBay refund before?

confused-smiley-013.gif