• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Show Giant-Size Marvels a Little Respect

6 posts in this topic

In the registry, Giant Size Spider-Man #3 in 9.4 is a 24 point book.

Spider-Mans in the early 140s (same time period) are 60 point books in 9.4.

I'm pretty sure the Giant Size books are rarer and more valuable in this grade.

Giant Size Spider-Man #4 (Punisher) is only 30 points? Hmmmm....

I know you guys are busy just getting the registry running, but please throw this on the "to be looked at in the next year or two" pile. Thx smile.gif

OK - I confess that, due to what I collect, the finer details of the Registry are not known to me. I assume that this "points" reference has cometing to do with desireability or rarity etc? Can someone explain the "points" to me so I don;t have to navigate the boards and look things up?

I thank you.

I don't know the factors that contribute to the point totals, but when I was inputing my X-men collection, most of which was recently bought, it seemed that the points earned were somewhat similar to the actual market value of the comic. I am not saying it was an intended result--and I am not saying to use it as a price guide-- it just struck me that down the line, the point value was "around" what the books would sell for in their respective grade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At least for the X-men #1-66 anyway.

Then again I could be way off base. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know the factors that contribute to the point totals, but when I was inputing my X-men collection, most of which was recently bought, it seemed that the points earned were somewhat similar to the actual market value of the comic. I am not saying it was an intended result--and I am not saying to use it as a price guide-- it just struck me that down the line, the point value was "around" what the books would sell for in their respective grade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At least for the X-men #1-66 anyway.

Then again I could be way off base. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ahhh - I anm starting ti understand! Thanks, Ross! Appreciated. grin.gif