• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - Phoenix Cactus Comicon - January 26/27, 2008

36 posts in this topic

CGC will be setting up and taking submissions at the Phoenix Cactus Comicon in Phoenix, Arizona on January 26 & 27.

Witnesses attending should announce themselves in this thread if they are attending and taking submissions.

Guests include (alphabetical by first name):

Just added! - Jeph Loeb & Ed McGuinness

7000 BC

Adriano Carreon

Angel Medina

Arizona Comic Book Association

Arizona Ghost Busters

Armand Villavert Jr

Arthur Suydam

AZ Rocky

Bad Karma Productions

Ben Glendenning

Ben Walker

Christian Beranek

Clayton Crain

Cosplay Zone Productions

Dan Wickline

Daniel M. Davis

Dave Beatty

David Ayres

David Finch

Derek Benz

Don Rosa

FatCat Animation Co.

Greg Ayres

Gustavo Higuera

Hero Initiative

Hi-Fi colour design

Howard Chaykin

IndieOnly Comics

James Owen

Jay Fotos

Jay Peteranetz

Jeff Mariotte

Jeremy Bulloch, Boba Fett

Jin Han

Joe and Tim Vigil

John Chihak

Jon S. Lewis

Jonnie Allan

Ken Wright Online

Kris Kidd

Lin Workman

Luci Christian

Madame M

Marat Mychaels

Mark Greenawalt

Mark Texeira

Mark Waid

Matt Wagner

Michael Golden

Michelle Ruff

Midnight Mirage

Mike Bullock

Mike Kunkel

Nathan Watson

Noel Neill

Patrick Scherberger

Peter Mayhew

Phour Nyne Studios

PJ Haarsma

Raven Gregory

Rebecca Sachse

Renee Witterstaetter

Ryan Cody

Sal Abbinanti

Sarcasm-hime

Shannon Denton

Steve Rude

Studio Hadra

Svetlana Chmakova

Tess Fowler

The 501st Stormtrooper Legion

Tim Russ

Tone Rodriguez

Tony Parker

Walter Koenig

Whilce Portacio

For full bios visit:

http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/guests.php

Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness will be attending the Phoenix Comicon!

They will be promoting the new Hulk #1 and be out in support of the Hero Initiative.

Together they will be holding a Panel discussion and Q&A on Saturday morning at 11 AM in our Palo Verde rooms.

Jeph Loeb will be signing autographs following the Q&A for a very limited time. He is scheduled to depart Phoenix early afternoon.

Tickets will be distributed at the Q&A for Jeph Loeb's autograph session. This will be the only way to get a chance for Jeph Loeb's autograph at the convention.

Ed McGuinness will be at the convention all day on Saturday and part of Sunday, depending on his return flight schedule.

Jeph Loeb is a motion picture and television producer/writer and award-winning comic book writer. Loeb is a Co-Executive Producer on the NBC hit show Heroes, and was formerly a producer/writer on the TV series Smallville and Lost.

A four-time Eisner Award winner and five-time Wizard Fan Awards winner Jeph Loeb's comic book work includes work on many major characters including Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Supergirl, the Avengers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, much of which he has produced in collaboration with artist Tim Sale, who provides the comic art seen on Heroes.

Ed McGuinness is an artist and penciller, best known for his work on Superman, Deadpool, and Superman/Batman.

He has also worked on titles such as Wolverine '96, The Incredible Hulk, Fighting American and Mr. Majestic.

Ed McGuinness first gained the notice of comic-book fans with his work on Deadpool and Vampirella. His short run on Wildstorm's Mr. Majestic landed him a gig on the monthly Superman title with Jeph Loeb, which led to the Thundercats: Reclaiming Thundera limited series and arcs on Superman/Batman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hulk #1 Variant Cover Debut

Atomic Comics / Hero Initiative exclusive

Comic debuts at Phoenix Comicon, get it signed by Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness, Support the Hero Initiative in the process!

Atomic Comics and The Hero Initiative have partnered to bring to fans an exclusive variant cover of the new Hulk #1 by Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness. The variant debuts at the Phoenix Comicon and Atomic Comics beginning on Friday January 25th.

Proceeds from the sale of this exclusive comic book go to benefit The Hero Initiative. We have it on good authority the comic will be priced between eight and ten bucks, which is really a small price to get for a stunning cover (we've seen it) and to support a great cause in The Hero Initiative.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atomic Comics, Jeph Loeb, and Ed McGuinness host Phoenix Comicon Kick Off Party Friday January 25th

Atomic Comics, Jeph Loeb, and Ed McGuinness are hosting a Phoenix Comicon kick off party on Friday January 25th at the Atomic Comics Mesa location. Jeph and Ed will be signing copies of the new Hulk #1 book and encouraging everyone to purchase and support the Atomic Comics/Hero Initiative variant exclusive, that benefits The Hero Initiative (see news item above this one for more information. Yes, we are shameless for The Hero Initiative).

They will be appearing from 5-7 PM at Atomic Comics Mesa.

We then encourage everyone to head over to the Phoenix Comicon for our Preview Night, with doors opening at 6 PM.

For more information, head to http://www.atomiccomics.com/

Hey, you have green letters

I do. I'm now a moderator for the Signature Room. It's part of my responsibilities as SS Director.

Makes sense.

Hey Kev, which of the two shows that are occurring at the same time are you going to be attending?

Actually I'm not scheduled to go to either of the January shows, but if I do end up going to one it would be Phoenix because F/X is only a few hours drive away from CGC's offices in Florida. They have it covered.

My first definitely scheduled event for 2008 is Wondercon in late February. Then Megacon and Wizard World Los Angeles in March.

Nathan Fillion attends Phoenix Comicon to support Kids Need to Read!

Nathan Fillion, who portrayed Captain Malcolm Reynolds in the Joss Whedon television series Firefly and in the movie Serenity will be attending the Phoenix Comicon in support of Kids Need to Read!

When two friends get together and discuss something they are very passionate about, good things usually happen. The Kids Need to Read project was born from such a discussion.

Inspired by the enormous amount of energy coming from their fans, author PJ Haarsma and actor Nathan Fillion established a program where profits could be used to purchase books for libraries in need. Money should never be used as an excuse when it comes to the education of our children.

Hear Nathan Fillion and PJ Haarsma talk about the Kids Need to Read project on Saturday at 8 PM.

Both PJ Haarsma and Nathan Fillion will be on hand throughout the weekend to meet with fans and talk about Kids Need to Read.

PJ Haarsma will also be promoting the upcoming release The Softwire book two, due out in the spring. If you haven't picked up The Softwire - it's a great read.

http://www.kidsneedtoread.org/

http://www.thesoftwire.com/

i'm tossing around the possibility of going but i'm a procrastinator and lazy like that

ok it has expanded to find out if I can get off friday and monday from work and book flight/motel.

Let me know what type of interest there is in getting books signed. PM's would be fine and then i'll confirm if I can pull it off next week to give plenty of time to get books to me.

Nathan Fillion Appearance Cancelled

Phoenix Comicon regrets to inform that Nathan Fillion’s appearance at Phoenix Comicon has been cancelled.

He will be appearing at the FX International Show in Florida that same weekend. Check them out at www.FXSHOW.com.

Due to a mix-up of dates, Nathan was double-booked for both the Phoenix Comicon and the FX Show.

PJ Haarsma, the Kids Need to Read foundation, and the Phoenix Comicon apologize for any confusion this has caused, as well as any disappointment or hardship endured by our attendees or fans.