• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get a Price Guide!

54 posts in this topic

Arex, chill... step away from the computer and go look at some sweet 9.4/9.6 Green Lanterns.

BTW, no one thinks you're stupid for buying high grade books but we might think you're stupid for using the word irregardless (which means, not without regard to.) :P

Oh, and way to go on breaking out the "High enough post count" argument :yeahok: Im not the one making judgements on someones collecting tastes, irregardless (and this word is now an OFFICIAL REDUNDANCY :cloud9:) of how many posts I have or have not made.

Regards,

Arex

Fixed that for you! (thumbs u

Arex, chill... step away from the computer and go look at some sweet 9.4/9.6 Green Lanterns.

BTW, no one thinks you're stupid for buying high grade books but we might think you're stupid for using the word irregardless (which means, not without regard to.) :P

His thong is pinching. :gossip:

I didn't hear him thinging any thong? (shrug)

I didn't hear him thinging any thong? (shrug)

lol

Ever since that episode of the Brady Bunch, I don't lisp any more. :)

It's not a thong, it singlet... and there's nothing g.a.y about wearing one. meh

491125167_2747fd39b5.jpg

collecting high grade is one thing. but, i think the original idea is that the books are priced way above an assumed fair market value. i'd totally agree with you on that point. yet, i don't feel comfortable insulting prices that could represent a seller who is a member of this forum? i've never sold on comiclink, but i might start out too high and see what happens. 1800 bux is chump-change to some of these guys, regardless of fair market value.

It's not a thong, it singlet... and there's nothing g.a.y about wearing one. meh

491125167_2747fd39b5.jpg

OK, OK...

But on his ing head!!!! :o

Pure " Idoicy ". To see someone pay this much for a common, useless book in this grade instead of a 9.0 for maybe $50.00 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :roflmao:

I love label chasing purists. They help create such a curious anomaly in the hobby and are easy targets.

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

Unless I collect like you?

STFU

WOW !!! Did I attack you ? No, I didn't. I should STFU ( as you put it ) why, because I don't have a high enough post count in a comic forum so you presume I'm not educated enough in this hobby to express my opinion after 25 years. Don't get me wrong here, I like high grade myself but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a comic book of this little significance because it has one less minute crease. Remember, it's a comic book and not a very good one at that.

you are right, i could have left off the STFU at the end

But damn, im one of the guys you just slammed because I like high end 9.4/6 books. Am I stoopid because I spend crazy multiples on a book because i like it to be in the best possible condition I can afford?

I cant tell you how many times members of this board come here and make snide and or backhanded comments about people who collect high-end books. Or those of us who collect high-end slabbed books. There are collectors who want that book WITHOUT the one small spine stress and are willing to pay for a pristing book. Are they willing to pay that price in the CLink listing :shrug: but the guy should be able to ask what he wants for it as well. But maybe he needs to check with you on price and also to determine if the book is a good comic or not, seeing as how you are the authority on such matters.

So, again, just because you dont like the book means that someone else shouldnt? Or if they do they are :screwy:

I dont like GA, I dont like CA much or MA much. I dont collect books that are low grade. But I also dont take pot shots at people who do collect just because it doesnt make sense to me why they collect that way.

Im happy to plod along, buying my HG books and being very happy with it. Other people collect that way too. And they shouldnt be ridiculed because they collect that way.

Oh, and way to go on breaking out the "High enough post count" argument :yeahok: Im not the one making judgements on someones collecting tastes, irregardless (and this word is now an OFFICIAL WORD :cloud9:) of how many posts I have or have not made.

Regards,

Arex

(thumbs u Fair enough Arex, and I appreciate the non-argumentive response and just good ol' jabbing response that I assumed it was meant in.

Even with the finisher at the end ( in regards to that, I just mention the post count due to the fact that I see a lot of old guard around here try to haul weight onto the young posters, that maybe my error of assumption. )

At any rate. I have a lot of 9.6/9.8 comics but I learnt many moons ago that more 9.6/9.8's are made and not safely stored for decades to think I would pay these prices for them. I'll happily sell'em though ;)

One other thing, I have seen first hand 9.4 comics resubmitted and become 9.6 simply because grading is subjective on a given day after looking at hundreds of books.

Regards yourself ol' guard,

-Rob

Fair enough Rob :foryou:

Your initial post just seemed to be another jab at the HG collector.

mea culpa for the snide response :foryou:

491125167_2747fd39b5.jpg

Damn Jeff, you know how to cut a guy don't you?

Where did you dig that fossil of a picture up from? Judging by the shoes and the leotard (emphasis on TA RD) singlet, thats mid 80's stuff that is

Irregardless of what you think, irregardless is now a proper word in the dictionary

Its been a staple in my neck of the woods for a long time :cloud9:

Oh, and way to go on breaking out the "High enough post count" argument :yeahok: Im not the one making judgements on someones collecting tastes, irregardless (and this word is now an OFFICIAL REDUNDANCY :cloud9:) of how many posts I have or have not made.

Regards,

Arex

Fixed that for you! (thumbs u

Hey, I work in the Department of Redundancy Department and :luhv: it

Irregardless of what you think, irregardless is now a proper word in the dictionary

Its been a staple in my neck of the woods for a long time :cloud9:

Not exactly a proper word... more like a blend that people have gotten used to saying...

irregardless

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less

Pronunciation: \ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs\

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

Date: circa 1912

nonstandard : regardless

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

491125167_2747fd39b5.jpg

Damn Jeff, you know how to cut a guy don't you?

Where did you dig that fossil of a picture up from? Judging by the shoes and the leotard (emphasis on TA RD) singlet, thats mid 80's stuff that is

Ok, here's something a little newer for you -- still *not* g.a.y. meh

CollSingletFull07.gif

Or is it... :o

CollSingletPop06B.gifCollSingletPop06C.gif

$ 1894 TTA 85

Sure it's a 9.6, but $ 1800+ is a bit steep... :makepoint:

The way the CL system works incentivizes consignors to list their books at fantasy prices. There`s no downside, because it doesn`t cost them anything to put their wares up in the shop window. If you put up a book at a sky-high price, there`s no risk that you`ve underpriced your book. Plus, you give buyers some room to put in a lower bid and feel good because they got a 20-30% discount off the listed price. If someone should actually pay the listed price, that`s just pure bonus.

$ 1894 TTA 85

Sure it's a 9.6, but $ 1800+ is a bit steep... :makepoint:

The way the CL system works incentivizes consignors to list their books at fantasy prices. There`s no downside, because it doesn`t cost them anything to put their wares up in the shop window. If you put up a book at a sky-high price, there`s no risk that you`ve underpriced your book. Plus, you give buyers some room to put in a lower bid and feel good because they got a 20-30% discount off the listed price. If someone should actually pay the listed price, that`s just pure bonus.

Well said! :headbang:

Pure " Idoicy ". To see someone pay this much for a common, useless book in this grade instead of a 9.0 for maybe $50.00 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :roflmao:

I love label chasing purists. They help create such a curious anomaly in the hobby and are easy targets.

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

Unless I collect like you?

STFU

WOW !!! Did I attack you ? No, I didn't. I should STFU ( as you put it ) why, because I don't have a high enough post count in a comic forum so you presume I'm not educated enough in this hobby to express my opinion after 25 years. Don't get me wrong here, I like high grade myself but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a comic book of this little significance because it has one less minute crease. Remember, it's a comic book and not a very good one at that.

you are right, i could have left off the STFU at the end

But damn, im one of the guys you just slammed because I like high end 9.4/6 books. Am I stoopid because I spend crazy multiples on a book because i like it to be in the best possible condition I can afford?

I cant tell you how many times members of this board come here and make snide and or backhanded comments about people who collect high-end books. Or those of us who collect high-end slabbed books. There are collectors who want that book WITHOUT the one small spine stress and are willing to pay for a pristing book. Are they willing to pay that price in the CLink listing :shrug: but the guy should be able to ask what he wants for it as well. But maybe he needs to check with you on price and also to determine if the book is a good comic or not, seeing as how you are the authority on such matters.

So, again, just because you dont like the book means that someone else shouldnt? Or if they do they are :screwy:

I dont like GA, I dont like CA much or MA much. I dont collect books that are low grade. But I also dont take pot shots at people who do collect just because it doesnt make sense to me why they collect that way.

Im happy to plod along, buying my HG books and being very happy with it. Other people collect that way too. And they shouldnt be ridiculed because they collect that way.

Oh, and way to go on breaking out the "High enough post count" argument :yeahok: Im not the one making judgements on someones collecting tastes, irregardless (and this word is now an OFFICIAL WORD :cloud9:) of how many posts I have or have not made.

Regards,

Arex

:o Day-um, Arex has hisself a big ol` head of steam today! :applause: