• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get a Price Guide!

54 posts in this topic

Pure " Idoicsy ". To see someone pay this much for a common, useless book in this grade instead of a 9.0 for maybe $50.00 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :roflmao:

I love label chasing purists. They help create such a curious anomaly in the hobby and are easy targets.

Pure " Idoicsy ". To see someone pay this much for a common, useless book in this grade instead of a 9.0 for maybe $50.00 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :roflmao:

I love label chasing purists. They help create such a curious anomaly in the hobby and are easy targets.

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

Unless I collect like you?

STFU

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

STFU

:applause:

Not my cup of two, but then again, I'd probably have people smack me for paying money for some of my uber low grades (I've actually heard the toilet paper in the neighboring bathroom trash talk some of my books! :o ).

Each to their own says I.

the point of the thread is that no one is going to pay that price- ever. it's idiocy to think so.

the point of the thread is that no one is going to pay that price- ever. it's idiocy to think so.

:applause: :applause:

Pure " Idoicy ". To see someone pay this much for a common, useless book in this grade instead of a 9.0 for maybe $50.00 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :roflmao:

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

STFU

WOW !!! Did I attack you ? No, I didn't. I should STFU ( as you put it ) why, because I don't have a high enough post count in a comic forum so you presume I'm not educated enough in this hobby to express my opinion after 25 years. Don't get me wrong here, I like high grade myself but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a comic book of this little significance because it has one less minute crease. Remember, it's a comic book and not a very good one at that.

Pure " Idoicy ". To see someone pay this much for a common, useless book in this grade instead of a 9.0 for maybe $50.00 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :roflmao:

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

STFU

WOW !!! Did I attack you ? No, I didn't. I should STFU ( as you put it ) why, because I don't have a high enough post count in a comic forum so you presume I'm not educated enough in this hobby to express my opinion after 25 years. Don't get me wrong here, I like high grade myself but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a comic book of this little significance because it has one less minute crease. Remember, it's a comic book and not a very good one at that.

thePoint.jpg

Don't get me wrong here, I like high grade myself but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a comic book of this little significance because it has one less minute crease. Remember, it's a comic book and not a very good one at that.

Somewhere there is someone whose favorite comic ever made is Tales to Astonish 85.

He has looked high and low for the highest grade copy he could find so that he could relive

that fateful day when he first laid eyes on it on the new comic rack.

He is crying right now...

Don't get me wrong here, I like high grade myself but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a comic book of this little significance because it has one less minute crease. Remember, it's a comic book and not a very good one at that.

Somewhere there is someone whose favorite comic ever made is Tales to Astonish 85.

He has looked high and low for the highest grade copy he could find so that he could relive

:(

:cry:

:cry:

'Tis indeed a sad day... :sorry:

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

STFU

you are right, i could have left off the STFU at the end

But damn, im one of the guys you just slammed because I like high end 9.4/6 books. Am I stoopid because I spend crazy multiples on a book because i like it to be in the best possible condition I can afford?

I cant tell you how many times members of this board come here and make snide and or backhanded comments about people who collect high-end books. Or those of us who collect high-end slabbed books. There are collectors who want that book WITHOUT the one small spine stress and are willing to pay for a pristing book. Are they willing to pay that price in the CLink listing :shrug: but the guy should be able to ask what he wants for it as well. But maybe he needs to check with you on price and also to determine if the book is a good comic or not, seeing as how you are the authority on such matters.

So, again, just because you dont like the book means that someone else shouldnt? Or if they do they are :screwy:

I dont like GA, I dont like CA much or MA much. I dont collect books that are low grade. But I also dont take pot shots at people who do collect just because it doesnt make sense to me why they collect that way.

Im happy to plod along, buying my HG books and being very happy with it. Other people collect that way too. And they shouldnt be ridiculed because they collect that way.

Oh, and way to go on breaking out the "High enough post count" argument :yeahok: Im not the one making judgements on someones collecting tastes, irregardless (and this word is now an OFFICIAL WORD :cloud9:) of how many posts I have or have not made.

Regards,

Arex

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

STFU

But damn, im one of the guys you just slammed because I like high end 9.4/6 books. Am I stoopid because I spend crazy multiples on a book because i like it to be in the best possible condition I can afford?

I cant tell you how many times members of this board come here and make snide and or backhanded comments about people who collect high-end books. Or those of us who collect high-end slabbed books. There are collectors who want that book WITHOUT the one small spine stress and are willing to pay for a pristing book. Are they willing to pay that price in the CLink listing :shrug: but the guy should be able to ask what he wants for it as well. But maybe he needs to check with you on price and also to determine if the book is a good comic or not, seeing as how you are the authority on such matters.

So, again, just because you dont like the book means that someone else shouldnt? Or if they do they are :screwy:

I dont like GA, I dont like CA much or MA much. I dont collect books that are low grade. But I also dont take pot shots at people who do collect just because it doesnt make sense to me why they collect that way.

Im happy to plod along, buying my HG books and being very happy with it. Other people collect that way too. And they shouldnt be ridiculed because they collect that way.

Oh, and way to go on breaking out the "High enough post count" argument :yeahok: Im not the one making judgements on someones collecting tastes, irregardless (and this word is now an OFFICIAL WORD :cloud9:) of how many posts I have or have not made.

Regards,

Arex

:flamed: but :golfclap: nonetheless.

So, to boil it down:

How you collect is right

How I collect is wrong

STFU

Regards,

Arex

(thumbs u Fair enough Arex, and I appreciate the non-argumentive response and just good ol' jabbing response that I assumed it was meant in.

Even with the finisher at the end ( in regards to that, I just mention the post count due to the fact that I see a lot of old guard around here try to haul weight onto the young posters, that maybe my error of assumption. )

At any rate. I have a lot of 9.6/9.8 comics but I learnt many moons ago that more 9.6/9.8's are made and not safely stored for decades to think I would pay these prices for them. I'll happily sell'em though ;)

One other thing, I have seen first hand 9.4 comics resubmitted and become 9.6 simply because grading is subjective on a given day after looking at hundreds of books.

Regards yourself ol' guard,

-Rob