• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Cameras for CGC Books

10 posts in this topic

hi.gif

My scanner does a terrible job with the semitransparent CGC holder.

Look at the scan of SS 7 in marketplace thread and you'll see what I mean.

It's not my scan but my scanner could do no better.

Can anyone here recomend a Digital Camera that takes good high res pics of CGC slabbed books (under $200-250)?

It's a nice Canon scanner.

I was going to get a dig cam anyways but I want to be sure I get one that does a good job on CGC books.

It's a nice Canon scanner.

I was going to get a dig cam anyways but I want to be sure I get one that does a good job on CGC books.

I personally hate digital pics for CGC comics, as unless it's an uber-expensive model and the guy taking the pic is a professional photog, it always comes out looking cheesy, off-angle and blurry.

Just buy a legal-sized, name brand scanner and you'll be set.

CanoScan N1240U

Does nice sharp scans of raw books... thumbsup2.gif

Bad cloudy ones of CGC books... frown.gif

Does the scanner have a noticeably higher outer ridge than the scanning surface?

It looks as if the CGC comic is suspended a good height over the glass, and thus is contributing to the distortion.

"Does the scanner have a noticeably higher outer ridge than the scanning surface?"

Nope... Only 1/16th of an inch

That wasn't my scan btw but mine are like that.

I don't have a slabbed book to scan right now.

I "broke out" my reader grade early Marvels already.

Another week or two before my books come back from CGC...

I wanted a camera ready to go.

Those Canon's thin ultra-compact sized scanners don't scan 3D at all. It has nothing to do with quality of these scanners though.

All these models are using Canon's unique LIDE sensor technology (I believe they are using led lights instead of conventional methods?)

I have an older model similar to yours. Otherwise they are great, but they are useless for scanning slabs.