• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TonyStarkFan's Christmas Eve Sale PRICES REDUCED/UPDATES

42 posts in this topic

Chrom...are there any limitations in Belguim on having a comic with a swaztika on it like in Germany?

Jim

I think it's only in Germany, we do have anti-racism laws and laws against holocaust revisionists and the such. But there is a market for Nazi "antiques" and memorabilia and they are freely sold.

I had a copy of MAUS when I lived in Germany. It was weird, but I had to smuggle it in the country.

Just wanted to clear some things up:

There are rather strict laws against Holocaust revisionism here in Germany (which is good).

There are laws against displaying the swastika in public (which is good).

As far as I know, there is no law against importing comic books with swastikas on the cover, as long as they are there purely for artistic/storytelling reasons. Anything that could be interpreted as nazi propaganda is a different story.

Unfortunately, there are numerous customs inspectors who are having a hard time seeing the difference between these two and will try and confiscate things like the Maus books. Usually, things can be explained to them (It has always worked for me - and I have been sent hundreds of - in their eyes - "questionable" books. Heck, try finding a Sgt. Fury book without a swastika...). As of yet, there are no laws against overly politically correct customs officials and I doubt there will ever be one (which is not so good.)

For your reference, here are the covers of the two Maus books. The German edition, no less:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Just my 2c

Now buy some books from TonyStarkFan! :sumo:

And Happy Holidays everybody!

Just wanted to clear some things up:

There are rather strict laws against Holocaust revisionism here in Germany (which is good).

There are laws against displaying the swastika in public (which is good).

As far as I know, there is no law against importing comic books with swastikas on the cover, as long as they are there purely for artistic/storytelling reasons. Anything that could be interpreted as nazi propaganda is a different story.

Unfortunately, there are numerous customs inspectors who are having a hard time seeing the difference between these two and will try and confiscate things like the Maus books. Usually, things can be explained to them (It has always worked for me - and I have been sent hundreds of - in their eyes - "questionable" books. Heck, try finding a Sgt. Fury book without a swastika...). As of yet, there are no laws against overly politically correct customs officials and I doubt there will ever be one (which is not so good.)

For your reference, here are the covers of the two Maus books. The German edition, no less:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Just my 2c

Now buy some books from TonyStarkFan! :sumo:

And Happy Holidays everybody!

Yeah what he said! Oh and Happy Holidays everyone! :)

The following items listed do not qualify for the price reduction.

Forbidden Tales of the Dark Mansion #9 CGC 9.4 OW/W pages $100 shipped (Paid $110)

Neal Adams cover art

I bought this on the boards from sterlingcomics. I thought I was going to start collecting horror comics too, but have decided to focus on undergrounds.

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

Well just got a visitor. A friend of mine wants me to go out for drinks with her now. So I'll be back later on tonight to check-in and throw up a few more books.

I would prefer my books to not be pre-digested....., :sick:

All of these books and lots are $1 each. Since they are $1 books there will be no photos. If you need photos, let me know. (They are readers of course) Everything listed is now buy one get one free!

Fear #28 (Fine)

World's Unknown #1

Luke Cage, Power Man Annual #1

Marvel Chillers #1

Fright featuring Son of Dracula #1

World's Finest 225 (100 pager)

The Mighty Isis #1

Wanted: The World's Most Dangerous Villains #1 (VF)

Sgt. Fury & His Howling Commandos #91

Sgt. Fury & His Howling Commandos #126

Our Fighting Forces #159

Strange Tales vol 3 #1

:takeit:

media if you can get away with it.

thanks!

All of these books and lots are $1 each. Since they are $1 books there will be no photos. If you need photos, let me know. (They are readers of course) Everything listed is now buy one get one free!

Fear #28 (Fine)

World's Unknown #1

Luke Cage, Power Man Annual #1

Marvel Chillers #1

Fright featuring Son of Dracula #1

World's Finest 225 (100 pager)

The Mighty Isis #1

Wanted: The World's Most Dangerous Villains #1 (VF)

Sgt. Fury & His Howling Commandos #91

Sgt. Fury & His Howling Commandos #126

Our Fighting Forces #159

Strange Tales vol 3 #1

:takeit:

media if you can get away with it.

thanks!

I'll get away with it! :devil:

American Flagg Lot 31 comics in all (All VF or better) Now $16

Includes issues 1-10, 12, 15-22, 24-29, 31, 34, 36, 38, 39, 50

DSC00417.jpg

:takeit: at 15% off...always meant to re-read these.

C

Final prices reductions included here!

Lone Wolf & Cub Lot $8.50

Sinister House of Secret Love 1 ON HOLD!

Logan's Run 6 VF $8

Hate 1 VF- $3

Forbidden Tales of the Dark Mansion 6 9.2 $17

Forbidden Tales of the Dark Mansion 8 9.6 $40

Forbidden Tales of the Dark Mansion 9 CGC 9.4 OW/W $95 shipped

Forbidden Tales of the Dark Mansion 12 9.0-9.2 $12

Forbidden Tales of the Dark Mansion 14 9.0 $8

$1 Book/Lots - Buy one get one free

Brother Power the Geek #2 (Piece missing out of back and some moisture damage)

Stark Trek The Motion Picture #1

Stray Bullets lot 6, 12, 14

Murder Me Dead lot 1, 2, 6

Mister X lot 1, 2, 5

AXA 1, 2

Archie's Girls Betty & Veronica #77

Alan Moore's Writing for Comics

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs 1-4

GI Joe: A Real American Hero 8, 11, 12, 14, 26

Anything Goes 1-6