• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK scores another off-beat cool book!

33 posts in this topic

I just saw this one. Pretty decent shape and a Larson to boot. Cool Larson
:frustrated: can we not keep any cool books I am interested in, on the down low :baiting:

Looks like two of us interested in that book hm

three of us

:headbang:

I'll most likely bow out then. There are two books I'm going to go after hard, possibly three. The AMF 1 is more a curiosity than a necessity for me.

in 2008, with few exceptions, I am going hard after all centaurs...and top off this one as a Ped, and I am there ! :)

gator

I understand completely. No need for me to be bumping up the price for you and George (thumbs u

Yes, please leave that to other people :devil: Just kidding Rick, way outside my collecting interest, but definitely a super cool book with the Larson name on it. Good luck snagging it. :wishluck:

:frustrated: can we not keep any cool books I am interested in, on the down low :baiting:

three of us

I'll most likely bow out then. There are two books I'm going to go after hard, possibly three. The AMF 1 is more a curiosity than a necessity for me.

in 2008, with few exceptions, I am going hard after all centaurs...and top off this one as a Ped, and I am there ! :)

gator

I understand completely. No need for me to be bumping up the price for you and George (thumbs u

normally, it seems I am end up being the bumper, and george the bumpee,...but on centaurs hm

three of us

gator

Yes, please leave that to other people :devil: Just kidding Rick, way outside my collecting interest, but definitely a super cool book with the Larson name on it. Good luck snagging it. :wishluck:

I will try... :wishluck:

Hey Rick are you going after the Kansas City Cap #1? hm

you betcha!... :)

If you win both Kansas City's (MVL CP) I will WORSHIP YOU

CC

I think the Marvel 1 has no reserve, so that one is far more probable of ending up in my collection, especially given my history of being high bidder on the book, several times, when offered via heritage with reserve...the Cap does have a 6 figure reserve, I suspect... that might preclude me from winning, but I will make a strong bid for it!

I appreciate the "encouragement" :)

thanks

rick

Here is another book they have for sell that I have always loved but never bought. Pretty common by golden-age standards in high grade and I think it is a little over priced in the guide, but I really like the cover.

Special Edition Comics

Mark Zaid has a nice copy of this

Yep, and it is as dead as a doorknob. One of my lessons learned when re-entering the hobby. :(

Did you buy it off an auction site or consignment site, or was it "brought" to you by a dealer?

Sadly, I have no one to blame but myself. I believe I bought it from Heritage in either my 1st or 2nd auction back in the game in 2004. At the time, I was surprised to have purchased it at the price I did, but that feeling has definitely dissipated!!! :makepoint:

All of life is a lesson.

Here is another book they have for sell that I have always loved but never bought. Pretty common by golden-age standards in high grade and I think it is a little over priced in the guide, but I really like the cover.

Special Edition Comics

Mark Zaid has a nice copy of this

Yep, and it is as dead as a doorknob. One of my lessons learned when re-entering the hobby. :(

Yeah, but it's a fantastic book. Kirby art, etc. I have a lower grade unrestored copy, it's one of my favorite books in my collection. I doubt I could ever get what I paid for it, but I don't care. Just a great book.

And on that aspect I fully concur!!!! (thumbs u