• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,928 posts in this topic

I'll try and hit some in the next couple of hours and the rest early evening.

Lineup: Western Gunfighters, SVTU, Where Creatures Roam, Crazy, Crypt of Shadows, Inhumans, Marvel Spectacular, Chamber of Chills, Night Rider, Scooby Doo, Laff-a-lympics, Monsters on the Prowl 9, Dynomutt, Champions, Warlock, GS Defenders.

:taptaptap:

Go easy on him, Mike. He's still reading the owner's manual on how to turn on the scanner.

Lineup: Western Gunfighters, SVTU, Where Creatures Roam, Crazy, Crypt of Shadows, Inhumans, Marvel Spectacular, Chamber of Chills, Night Rider, Scooby Doo, Laff-a-lympics, Monsters on the Prowl 9, Dynomutt, Champions, Warlock, GS Defenders.

Go easy on him, Mike. He's still reading the owner's manual on how to turn on the scanner.

:roflmao:

Can't get to Photobucket right now. Patience is a virue.

Starting tomorrow morning(probably mid morning), I am going to be running some very high grade raw silver age from a collection that I just picked up, including some really nice DCs, X-Men, and other stuff. If I get bored, I might list some of the Superman #4 - 100 I picked up too.

Can't get to Photobucket right now. Patience is a virue.

Cracks my azz up every time I see it :roflmao:

:applause: Tonight I will be posting 50 HG slabbed bronze age books including House of Secrets, X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Brave and the Bold, Micronauts, Crisis on Infinite Earths and Jonah Hex.

Most of the books will be CGC 9.6 and higher with a couple 9.4's, one 9.2 and one 8.5. (thumbs u

I will be pricing books to move! See you in a little bit!

:banana:Chris

BlogLebowski.jpg

Going to be starting a sale tomorrow in the Copper/Modern market. Here's a preview list of some of what I'll be listing:

- Creepy #1 variant CGC 9.8 SS (Powell)

- Matt Wagner 9.8 SS book (You'll never guess what it is. Not in a million years.)

- Destroyer Duck #1 CGC 9.4 (1st Groo)

- Goon #32 Nashville 9.8 SS (Powell)

- Goon #32 DH100 9.8 SS (Powell, Smith)

- Death: The High Cost of Living #3 error edition CGC 9.8

- Berke Breathed autographed children's book

...and that's just the first pile I'm putting together. There will be more, including possibly another slab or two, but mostly OA and raw for the rest of the sale.

Added a few older books to my current sales thread running in the Copper/Modern forum:

Strange Tales 110

House of Secrets 99, 103 and 121

GI Combat 131

Come take a look , sale ends in just under 9 hours.... :hi:

:applause: I have added 10 CGC 9.6 Weird Western featuring Jonah Hex on my current sales thread in the GA/SA/BA section. Some are the highest graded and not up for sale very often-come and check it out!

:banana:Chris

Edited by dudeman5000

:news: I am offering a new version of Stimulate the Economy sale in the Sales forum I will be selling SA-Modern books .

I was so inspired by foolkillers thread last weekend I am offering my own version.

Here are the rules

Spend $50 -$100 in someone elses thread and get 15% off my thread

Spend $100 -$200 in someone elses thread and get 20% off my thread

Spend more than $200 in some one elses thread get 25% off in mine plus free shipping

Just post the link where you bought from someone elses thread in your :takeit: post

Offer is good till Monday 12 am EST

Roy listing moderns? I smelll desperation :baiting:

Just a bunch of stuff that has accumulated over the past few years.

And desperation.

:whistle:

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

I've got some hardcovers, softocvers, media props and some other stuff as well. Just not sure how much I want to part with....but I will guarantee that none of them have that smell.

:sumo:

Guys, I've got tons of stuff to list but have been really busy lately so I apologize for announcing the sale and not listing anything.

Maybe later today or tomorrow. If not, when I get back from Chicago week then.

Best,

R.

OK gang, just scanning a really nice low to mid grade collection of Fiction House I just picked up. Grades will be in the 2.0-7.0 range with really nice almost white paper on many of them and nice eye appeal. Also many of the books seem to have strong reds and not the orange, washed down look that Fiction House books usually have.

I've got the odd Superhero GA war cover book to throw in there as well. ;)

I should have just a few books ready to sell by this weekend.

Thrilling Comics #61 CGC 5.0

Jumbo Comics #117 CGC 9.0

Kaanga Comics #3 CGC 8.0

Wings Comics #82 CGC 5.0

The Flash #111 CGC 5.0

Pm me with any Questions and please tune in for the sale!

Edited by faster friends

I just came into a 2000+ book collection of moderns, equally represented by Marvel, DC and Independents - titles are pretty across the board with quite a few nice runs. I've got 20 some odd short boxes, one longbox and a big tote to sort and alphabetize, and unfortunately the previous owner saw no reason to place them in any kind of order, so it's taking a while to organize - I hope to have it done in the next week or so because my back is killing me. :P

There is some of the requisite drek in here, but surprisingly very little of the early Image (maybe 10 books total that I've run across so far). Most of the drekky stuff is stuff you don't see around that often, so even that may be of some interest, who knows? The good news is that most are pretty sharp 9.0 and above, many appear unread. Some of the older 80's stuff is F/VF and there are exceptions here and there which I will try to note as I list.

Some titles include: New Avengers, a big run of House of M and affiliated crossovers, some Ennis Punishers, lots of X-Titles, a very large run of Wolverine (most of the first series from what I can see and a number of the second series), Superman/Batman, Green Lanterns, Spawn, assorted mini-series, a big chunk of Dark Horse Conan, a big run of TMNT, a bunch of Deadworld and Walking Dead and a whole shartpot of other stuff.

I haven't yet decided how I'm going to move this stuff yet, but it'll likely be in my usual kamikaze quick and furious listing style with hugely discounted lots rather than singling the books out. For those of you who have bought from me before, I think you'll like a bunch of this stuff. I hope to get going in the next week or so, just wanted to fire a warning shot here first! :ohnoez: