• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,929 posts in this topic

Well, it looks like we're FINALLY going to get to move to the Oklahoma City area later this month. We should have a signed 12-month lease on our house by this weekend and plan to get out of Illinois in about 3 weeks or so. :whee:

We're going to have various expenses involved with the move, and I promised my wife I'd do whatever it takes to obtain those funds. So I'm going to start an extensive sales thread this weekend so I can get totally frustrated again with not selling anything in here before moving everything to eBay. :roflmao:

All kidding aside, I will be offering a lot of books that I had no plan to sell at the present time. But the situation dictates that I sell a bunch of books, so that's exactly what I'm going to do. :sumo:

Hope to start either tomorrow or Saturday. (thumbs u

Any requests? Check out my registry and see if there's anything in there that you're interested in. All Spidey slabs are off-limits as are most of the mainstream Marvel books. But I could probably be swayed on most of the other books in there. :shy:

I just started this thread in the Mixed Ages area. (thumbs u

There's an assortment of hard to find Wrightson, Steranko, Ivis, and Kirby stuff in Golden/Silver/Bronze for your perusement.

Infinity #5 1973 OO Bode, Adames, Wrightson, Kaluta, Corben inter. Comes with a tip-in color poster by Wrightson Corner dings but in great condition. Hard to find with the poster.

Chandler First Print 1976 OO Large bound. Corner dings but also in great shape.

Larry Ivie’s Monsters and Heroes #2 OO VG 1967 VG

The Berni Wrightson Treasury OO FN Signed on the cover. 1975 Small ding on bottom corner.

Badtime Stories 1972 OO FN- Wrightson’s self-published anthology. Signed on contents page. Hard to find. Great condition.

In The Days Of The Mob #1 1971 FN- Corner crease top corner cover. Smaller crease bottom corner. This comes with the Dillinger Poster but alas is no longer stapled to the book! OW

Boxful of mixed stuff to post later this weekend before moving to the bay on Sunday. Will try to get it up tonight and leave open until 6ish tomorrow.

Included will be the mid to low grade copies of FF 48 and ST 89 that I had in the grading thread. Also included will be a few slabs, some nice raw spidey's (a nice raw 300), and some signed books (including a cheap Stan Lee Hulk).

In the mixed thread about 10ish. Of course this assumes I'm still standing after the Bucks/Miami game hm

Life, work and everything in between has been rough lately. I'm fed up and ready to take a risk. My wife and I have an idea and we are going into business for ourselves. So I'm putting the comic collecting on hold...and I'm going to sell what I can to help fund some of this venture.

Starting Friday night I will begin putting the entirety of my collection up for sale, drek and all.

Life, work and everything in between has been rough lately. I'm fed up and ready to take a risk. My wife and I have an idea and we are going into business for ourselves. So I'm putting the comic collecting on hold...and I'm going to sell what I can to help fund some of this venture.

Starting Friday night I will begin putting the entirety of my collection up for sale, drek and all.

FF drek? hm

I wish you all the luck in your business venture (thumbs u

I've had a few people ask about Foolkiller's 3rd Annual Holiday Sale so I thought I'd just put this announcement here about it. We're still roughly 6 weeks away from my running it, but I've started preparing for it now. While I likely will run a short thread in the next week or so with some higher end books, I intend to begin the holiday sales thread on November 1, 2010 at 11 PM EST.

The holiday thread will run Tuesday - Saturday at the same time each night, with a varying number of books. Invoices will be sent on Sunday and books will be shipped (either by me or my wife) Monday or Tuesday UNLESS a buyer specifically requests holding off.

What will be in this year's sale? Probably between 500-1000 books (more likely closer to 1000). I've been saving a number of books throughout the year for just this purpose and I will be offering a ton of books. With only a very few exceptions, all will be at bargain basement blowout prices, more than ever before. Some books will be at shockingly low prices, some as low as 80-90% off guide. A lot of high quality silver and bronze will be listed at well below even wholesale prices. However, I'm going to list a number of books that will be more geared towards the budget conscious to make sure the majority of folks needs are met. Slabs will also be included included two magazine boxes of "blowout" slabs.

There will also be a few nights where I intend to list every book out of my personal collection that do not fit a very specific category that I want to keep.

I have generally given away art as a "prize" to the individual who spends the most, but frankly, it's such a pain to ship the art it takes a while to complete. This year, I will offer a major key to the individual who buys the most.

So, I look forward to seeing you on November 1, 2010. Different nights will have different themes, like a $10 a book night (no matter what it is, NM 98? $10.) As usual, no advance previews, sales etc. for anyone so no favoritism is obtained. Since there will be moderns like Y: The last man 1 etc., I will have to list this in the Mixed Age thread.

This year, I've also decided to donate 10% of all gross sales to the New Jersey Special Olympics. So there's a long winded announcement... thanks again.

Just graded today, so will probably have them back next week and will post for sale..

Thanks,

Steve

Amazing Spider-man #36 CGC 8.0 ow/w

Amazing Spider-man #64 CGC 9.6 WHITE

Fantastic Four #24 CGC 7.0 c/ow

Iron First #14 CGC 9.6 WHITE (beautiful copy and thought it had a chance at 9.8)

Swamp Thing #9 CGC 9.6 WHITE

Thor #128 CGC 9.2 WHITE

Weird Fantasy #14(2) (7-8/50) CGC 9.0 ow

I've had a few people ask about Foolkiller's 3rd Annual Holiday Sale so I thought I'd just put this announcement here about it. We're still roughly 6 weeks away from my running it, but I've started preparing for it now. While I likely will run a short thread in the next week or so with some higher end books, I intend to begin the holiday sales thread on November 1, 2010 at 11 PM EST.

The holiday thread will run Tuesday - Saturday at the same time each night, with a varying number of books. Invoices will be sent on Sunday and books will be shipped (either by me or my wife) Monday or Tuesday UNLESS a buyer specifically requests holding off.

What will be in this year's sale? Probably between 500-1000 books (more likely closer to 1000). I've been saving a number of books throughout the year for just this purpose and I will be offering a ton of books. With only a very few exceptions, all will be at bargain basement blowout prices, more than ever before. Some books will be at shockingly low prices, some as low as 80-90% off guide. A lot of high quality silver and bronze will be listed at well below even wholesale prices. However, I'm going to list a number of books that will be more geared towards the budget conscious to make sure the majority of folks needs are met. Slabs will also be included included two magazine boxes of "blowout" slabs.

There will also be a few nights where I intend to list every book out of my personal collection that do not fit a very specific category that I want to keep.

I have generally given away art as a "prize" to the individual who spends the most, but frankly, it's such a pain to ship the art it takes a while to complete. This year, I will offer a major key to the individual who buys the most.

So, I look forward to seeing you on November 1, 2010. Different nights will have different themes, like a $10 a book night (no matter what it is, NM 98? $10.) As usual, no advance previews, sales etc. for anyone so no favoritism is obtained. Since there will be moderns like Y: The last man 1 etc., I will have to list this in the Mixed Age thread.

This year, I've also decided to donate 10% of all gross sales to the New Jersey Special Olympics. So there's a long winded announcement... thanks again.

I am so looking forward to this Brian! Gonna start saving now :headbang:

While my offering for today pales in comparison to the Foolkiller bonanza. I will be offering my Daredevil Run. It is all Bronze and Copper and is mostly Miller stuff, but almost all HG. Prices will be individual, but I will have a price for anyone who might want the whole thing.

Thread will be in Mixed Ages. I expect to see you all there... I hope....