• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone have this scanner?

62 posts in this topic

nice scanner, but stitching isn't in my future unless I start collecting mags.

If there are no scanners up to task, I guess I could go BACK to my old HP scanner and stitch the scans...what a pain.

Sterling

You're right though that HP 8300 has some serious glare issues. Glad I read this thread. I dropped close to $500 and returned it within a couple of days. A real shame...

CC

When I purchased mine, it wasn't a big problem. CGC has apparently made some operational changes which are creating the wavy inner well AFTER I purchased the scanner, so it was too late to return mine. :(

Very sorry to hear that. :sorry:

Have you tried putting black construction paper behind the book, or would that not help? (shrug)

CC

After doing extensive research, I purchased an 8300 this past summer. Here are scans of slabs and raw. These scans haven't been tweaked in any way:

F.jpg

ForSaleJIM61VF-.jpg

:o Is this the one from ComicLink? Man I wish I had seen it sooner. Great Book! (worship)

Yup, that's the one. Sold it a couple of months ago or so.

After doing extensive research, I purchased an 8300 this past summer. Here are scans of slabs and raw. These scans haven't been tweaked in any way:

F.jpg

ForSaleJIM61VF-.jpg

:o Is this the one from ComicLink? Man I wish I had seen it sooner. Great Book! (worship)

:sorry: wish I would have known... :cry:

F.jpg

ForSaleJIM61VF-.jpg

I think you were at school at that time and away from the boards, if memory serves me.

F.jpg

ForSaleJIM61VF-.jpg

I think you were at school at that time and away from the boards, if memory serves me.

Probably so. Nice book though. VERY NICE!! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Here is what I am getting at 96 dpi with no adjustments. Jim, what are you doing to get yours a little sharper and brighter than mine? I havent essed with the settings any. Also, is there a way to sharpen the image so it doesnt look as blurry?

GreenLantern2.jpg

Here is what I am getting at 96 dpi with no adjustments. Jim, what are you doing to get yours a little sharper and brighter than mine? I havent essed with the settings any. Also, is there a way to sharpen the image so it doesnt look as blurry?

GreenLantern2.jpg

Just a guess, but 96 dpi may be a bit low. Also, I think Doc brightened his in photoshop after scanning it (the white background may help you there too).

Both photos received the same treatment. I did put a piece of white legal paper on the Microtek to cover up the black. I ran both on a dpi of 200 and then a tour through Photoshop elements 2 for an auto level and an auto focus. Before any of that I resize my scans to 375 pixels by 605 pixels.

What model Microtek?

Does the software allow for "Despeckle" as a default? The HP scanner forces you to hit that option before every scan.

Is the background on the model black and not white? (you indicated using white paper on the scanner).

Well, I came across this program which, according to the author, should let me use the I800 under XP x64. I'm sure between that program and messing with the driver file myself I can get it to work. But first, I need to write an angry email to Microtek :grin:

So this is like a universal scanning driver that can probably get rid of nuances in the hardware manufacturer provided driver? Sounds interesting.