• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

Did someone say...SHOWCASE Rip Hunters?

Fantastic Ruben Moreira art...its a shame he didnt stay with the series.

SHOW_20.jpg

Can't beat a Circe

SHOWCASE_21.jpg

Super-duper Kubert!

SHOW_26.jpg

Thanks for posting these. I always enjoy looking at these. I wish I had some of my own, but I can't seem to find them when I go to shows. Perhaps one of the auction houses will have them and I can bid on them. But I do have real nice copies of 1-10. I'll post them shortly! You have beautiful copies!!

This would be an absolutely killer copy if not for the little chip on the right. The gloss and colors are outstanding.

SC25.jpg

This would be an absolutely killer copy if not for the little chip on the right. The gloss and colors are outstanding.

SC25.jpg

Dinosaurs. Check.

DC Colors. Check.

Greytone. Check.

Yup, it's a WINNER! :applause:

I had a nice #21 and a #26. I sold them on e-bay years back along with an Adventure # 247. :makepoint: I regret it to this day. I need to be bull-whipped.

DRX

:makepoint:

Arrrgh, snow bound again. Another 16 inches to add to the 26 a few days ago.

Here are some more Rip Hunters' from my collection. Great copies being posted by you guys!!!

Issue 2 seems to be a tough on to find in HG. This creature is about as weird as they come.

RIP HUNT 2

RIP HUNT 3

RIP HUNT 4

RIP HUNT 5

RIP HUNT 9

Here's my Show #20. Picked up this decent copy over 20 years ago. Bone white pages too boot.

SHOW 20

I like the Moreira art in Show 20, but the Kubert art in 25 and 26 is excellent ,also.

SHOW 25

Photobucket

This is from the Mound City collection .

Photobucket

Here are some more Rip Hunters' from my collection. Great copies being posted by you guys!!!

Issue 2 seems to be a tough on to find in HG. This creature is about as weird as they come.

RIPHUNT2.jpg

John, your SA Sci-Fi collection continues to impress me...WOW!

I always loved that #2 cover! Besides Moreira, I would have liked to have seen Andru & Esposito stick with RIP.

And that #20 is so sweeeet (thumbs u

Edited by AtlasFan

RIPHUNT2.jpg

John, your SA Sci-Fi collection continues to impress me...WOW!

I always loved that #2 cover! Besides Moreira, I would have liked to have seen Andru & Esposito stick with RIP.

And that #20 is so sweeeet (thumbs u

Wow, what a slew of great books! That 8.5 Showcase 26 is quite a copy!

This is a Bernard Bailey and I've always love the unusual inking and placement of blacks.

MGA_73.jpg

This is a Bernard Bailey and I've always love the unusual inking and placement of blacks.

MGA_73.jpg

That's funny you should mention this one. I actually looked it up in GCD last night to see who drew the cover because it was so striking and unusual, and they list Lee Elias. I can see Elias in the faces.

MGA_73.jpg

That's funny you should mention this one. I actually looked it up in GCD last night to see who drew the cover because it was so striking and unusual, and they list Lee Elias. I can see Elias in the faces.

The story is Lee Elias...one of his better fantasy tales. Very underratted book, this one is!